Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
Mastercard Foundation is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Country Program Head
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Country Program Head
- Scan the horizon for innovative approaches to support the delivery of the Young Africa Works roadmap; conceptualize translation opportunities in collaboration with Country program staff.
- Manage the process for negotiating and formalizing new programs.
- Coordinate review and follow-up to potential partner organizations, expressions of interest, concept notes, and proposals – provide clear, concise, and insightful written analyses and recommendations.
- Ensure diligent and authentic co-creation processes are followed in the design and development of programs, processes and approaches internally and externally.
- As a key advisor to the Country Head, contribute to the continued evolution of the Country Roadmap; organize annual/periodic reviews of the roadmap.
- Lead implementation of assigned country programs portfolio, end-to-end, including annual/periodic budget development and review, implementation work planning, execution of activities and all reporting requirements.
- Monitor assigned country programs portfolio through day-to-day coordination, analysis and review of qualitative /quantitative information, field visits and periodic and structured engagements with the implementing partner(s).
- Lead annual/periodic review for assigned country programs portfolio; capture and synthesize key learnings for cross-sharing/dissemination.
- Draft sections of key documents, reports, and presentations for a variety of purposes and audiences, summarizing developments and lessons learned from country programs.
- Support and ensure the country program team are providing technical and oversite support to partners and sub-partners.
- Lead an effective knowledge management approach, which includes documenting the evolution of the roadmap and helping to surface and frame lessons learned for incorporation in future strategic choices.
- Lead Team to deliver high-quality interactions and clear and consistent communications with stakeholders and partners. Including site visits, providing strategic thought partnerships, joint planning, coordination and convening meetings of key stakeholders.
- Ensure country-level thematic and sector-specific community of practice is developed/strengthened to synthesize insights and improve the quality of programing/implementation.
- Represent the Foundation to key program-related external stakeholders, in forums related to the Foundation’s areas of work.
- Effectively coordinate Program colleagues, ensuring high quality of work, alignment with Foundation values, access to development opportunities and a supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Provide leadership to the country as a member of the Country leadership team.
- Work closely with the Country Head and keep him/her continually informed on implementation progress.
- Liaise effectively with other members of the integrated country team.
- Master’s/MBA in public sector work including education, public policy, or another related field.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in program management in varied portfolios; Agriculture, education, SME and related programs.
- Minimum (7) years of experience at a senior level in a global organization with strong leadership experience.
- Senior leadership experience, at least 7 years, building and managing high-performing teams.
- Experience and exposure to relevant country program portfolio with a clear understanding of the country’s development, and political and social issues.
- Experience applying design thinking approaches to programming and innovation. Demonstrated financial management experience including preparation and management of budgets and contracts.
- Ability to lead in at least one area of specialization relevant to the country’s strategy.
- Ability to think and work in an integrated and holistic way, keeping the Young Africa Works strategy at the center.
- Innovative and creative ways to approach opportunities and challenges.
- Ability to apply execution techniques including agile methodologies. Strong Project management skills that ensure the delivery of work.
- Ability to effectively engage and manage relationships with senior external stakeholders, particularly implementing partners.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- The ability to speak Amharic and additional local language skills are an asset.
- Strategic thinker with perspective to apply analytical evaluations accurately to both simple and complex thinking to various projects.
- Strong networking and collaboration.
- Service orientation towards the country and its young people and for colleagues across the foundation.
- Ability to have nuanced conversations and facilitate disparate views towards shared outcomes in ambiguous situations.
- Open to learning and iterating to improve/elevate impact.
- Outstanding social and intercultural skills and proven ability to multitask and work to deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Deadline: 02, March , 2023.