Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
EngenderHealth is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Driver and Liaison Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Ethiopia.
Driver and Liaison Officer
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is utilized for the sole purpose of the organization’s work and complies with strictly.
- Ensure that EngenderHealth Inc. Ethiopia office’s policy with Non-Smoking and Drug-Free policy is upheld within the vehicle.
- Follow up that all vehicles are equipped with the necessary safety and short-term maintenance equipment.
- Responsible to have all relevant and up-to-date certification/documentation on hand while on assignment.
- Ensures that the necessary appliances and First Aid kit are readily available in the vehicle in good condition and communicate any gaps identified for immediate stocking.
- Always ensures proper cleanliness of assigned vehicle and make sure it is well cleaned before barking at the office.
- Responsible to drive the vehicle assigned in a safe way, with strict observance of traffic rules and regulations and the organization’s internal policy.
- Responsible for the timely recording of official trips on the log sheet as per the office’s rules,
- Follow-up scheduled insurance, service period, and annual inspection of assigned vehicles and report to immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and check-up of the car performs minor repairs & ensures the safety of the car all the time.
- Responsible for service maintenance follow-ups that are carried out by the contracted garage and update immediate supervisor for any administrative action.
- Responsible to adhere to EngenderHealth Inc. Ethiopia office’s SOP at the time of accidents.
- Responsible to distribute/collecting letters, packages, & delivery of project documents on behalf of the organization and checking mail in the post office daily & performing related liaison works.
- Assist in the settlement of monthly utility bills (water, electricity, telephone, internet, etc.) or any associated day-to-day activities implementation payments.
- Responsible for distribution of donated medical supplies and equipment to EngenderHealth Inc. Ethiopia office supported sites and submit stock delivery documents to store/finance.
- Assists with imported goods collection & clearance from the customs office (central office).
- Assist with the assembly of donation equipment and supplies as directed by the central office.
- Responsible to settle all per-diem and other related payments for various events (training, meetings, etc.) as per the allowed maximum limit.
- Responsible to purchase office supplies, training, and materials required for conducting a meeting, training, workshops—etc. organized by the coordination office based on the allowed limit.
- Assist with documentation (video, photo, etc.) of events.
- Perform other liaising duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Secondary School completion plus Diploma in Automotive from a recognized college/university or professional institution and a valid driving license.
- Minimum of (5) five years as a driver and in handling different liaising activities and experience with NGOs.
- Computer applications in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
- Willingness to work under pressure.
- A person with integrity, honesty, etc.
- Good communication in English and English. Fluency in the local language of the duty station.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and function effectively as part of a team, and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g., active listening, cultural competence, responsiveness)
- The ability to drive vehicles on rough roads and difficult conditions to support field activities is a must.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 02, March , 2023.