Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Jijiga, Ethiopia.
- Implement financial systems and procedures according to Financial Handbook and other NRC policies and delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action at area level
- Prepare bank accounts and cashbox reconciliations
- Verify that vouchers and supporting documents meet NRC standards before payment
- Ensure timely payment of staff salaries, contractors, suppliers and other expenditures
- Ensure sufficient cash in the bank and in the cash boxes
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management, monthly financial reports (when requested) and send all relevant documents to country office
- Ensure scanning and filing of all financial documents according to NRC standards
- Supervise, train and develop financial staff
- Support programme staff in financial matters
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Responsible for managing monthly financial statements of the Area office
- Ensure that all payment requests are properly documented, verified and authorized before payments are made
- Control that supporting documentation of all cash transactions are valid and report to the Finance Coordinator in case of insufficient documentation
- Issue payment vouchers and ensure that all payments have the correct project and account codes
- Posting and rebooking financial transactions into Agresso system [NRC’s financial software]
- Track, with Area Manager spending versus budgets via Agresso Budget Monitoring tool (BvA)
- Keep track and record all cash advances and ensure all advances are accounted for within the set guidelines [with some flexibility with good justification]
- In close coordination with Programme Managers/Coordinators, prepare the monthly cash forecast/ cash request to country office, for all projects to ensure cash flow in the Area office
- Process payments directly to suppliers, other vendors and other agencies.
- Assist Line Manager and Area Manager as per requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related fields.
- Professional knowledge of auditing is a bonus but not essential.
- Experience from working as a Finance Officer in the humanitarian or development sector, or in the private sector or with a local NGO
- Previous experience working in Somali Region Context is a bonus
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Honest and high integrity
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Flexible and co-operative
- Willingness to learn (if asked by supervisor) new aspects of financial software Agresso
- Security, political and cultural awareness.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Deadline: 16, March , 2023.