Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Health and Nutrition Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Health and Nutrition Coordinator
- Identify performance gaps and design interventions and develop action plans in collaboration with Sr Health and Nutrition managers and field managers to manage activities and improve the quality-of-service provision supported
- Ensure quality of clinical and non-clinical service provision in IRC supported healthfacilities according to national, WHO or international standards through communication of standards, assessing and monitoring performance against standards and guiding and motivating staff to meet and maintain standard.
- In collaboration with the Sr Health and Nutrition Coordinator, monitor quality standards across all project sites
- Provide timely and quality inputs to project design and implementation through reviewing or developing need and progress assessment tools; writing proposal budget and narrative; and developing TOC/log-frames while working with the rest of the unit’s team
- Provide technical supportive supervision on all IRC health and nutrition projects in the region(s). Extend technical support and supervision to the IRC’s implementing partners when requested.
- Represent IRC/participate at TWGs, consortium meetings and national clusters at FMOH, RHBs, EPHI and other stakeholders. Represent IRC on donor’s meetings in the absence of the Sr Health and Nutrition coordinator.
- Maintain documentation of relevant information and communicate to the Sr Health and Nutrition coordinator regularly
- Ensure that health interventions in Ethiopia adhere to IRC’s core policy documentsand guidelines, including the Outcomes and Evidence Framework (OEF).
- Promote the quality of the IRC’s health programs by setting up quality assurance systems and checks in collaboration with the Addis and field-based health and nutrition team.
- Coordinate with other sectors within IRC multisectoral approached grants.
- Ensure that grant budgets are spent according to plan and as per contractual agreementswith respective donors.
- In collaboration with the Addis and field team review spending plans and monitor the implementation
- Work with Sr Health and Nutrition Coordinator and other relevant staff to streamline and buildcapacity of program staff to effectively use budget tracking tools as well as project monitoring tools.
- Conduct monthly BVA reviews and make appropriate recommendations to the finance and logistics staff in Addis as well as to the field-based health staff. Coordinatetechnical team inputs to, and directly provide inputs when needed to, project/budgetamendments.
- Work with finance to undertake budget recoding as required.
- Masters level education in health-related field such as MPH. Must have health clinical background (nursing, health officer, MD).
- Six years professional experience in implementing and managing health programs and related budgets.
- Demonstrated experience supervising, managing, and providing technical support and assistance to field-based program/project staff.
- Experience with an international NGO in a similar role is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in proposal development, including practical experience with budgeting, logframe development, and writing of technical descriptions.
- Experience managing Health and nutrition projects.
- Experience in conducting health and nutrition assessments focusing on quality of care.
- Excellent English writing skills (candidates will be asked to demonstrate these skills in apractical exam if short listed)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both with minimum supervision and as part of a team.
- Result oriented.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/37320
Deadline: 31, January , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: