International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Learning and Development Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Learning and Development Manager
- Conducts annual training and development needs assessment to assess and identify the current skills of the employees and identify skill gaps.
- Develops training and development programs and objectives.
- Administers spending against the capacity-building budget.
- Trains and coaches managers, supervisors, and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates, and coordinates supplies for employee development and training events.
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Modifies programs as needed.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff.
- Helping the Organization meet its objectives by developing & implementing high-impact learning & development programs in line with business needs and priorities.
- Establish strong partnerships with the business to gain a strong understanding of current organization/industry issues and opportunities, as related to learning and development.
- Conduct organizational needs analysis and create training plans to ensure that all employees have the required competencies to excel in their roles.
- Reviewing and revising course materials to ensure they are in line with operating processes, procedures, and systems.
- Deliver training to various parts of the organization and work with various stakeholders to coordinate and organize training sessions.
- Collating feedback on completed training to evaluate and measure results and make improvements where required.
- Conduct training trainer workshops to ensure training, scalability, and effectiveness.
- Arrange in-house training programs as well as online e-learning models.
- Liaise with the IRC Talent Development team
- Ensure that employees use online platforms like Compass, Kaya, e-Cornell, and Humentum and follow up on the successful completion of courses
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of employees through Performance Evaluation.
- Carry out research and incorporate new methodologies for effective development and overall growth.
- Propose other staff development means
- Stay up to date with the latest developments and trends in the industry.
- Evaluate individual and organizational development needs
- Implement various learning methods company wide (e.g. coaching, mentoring, job-shadowing, online training etc.)
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities
- Help managers develop their team members through career path.
- Track budgets and negotiate contracts.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Psychology, or relevant field. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management will also be considered.
- 5+ years of work experience as a Learning and Development Specialist, Training and Development Manager, or a similar role, experience designing and implementing employee development programs
- Hands-on experience in Microsoft Office
- Up-to-date knowledge of effective instructional models and resources.
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
- Proficient in MS Office and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; sharp business acumen
- Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors
- Good understanding of organizational growth.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential is advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/37243
Deadline: 18, January , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.