IOM is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Malaria Program Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Malaria Program Manager
- Manage, coordinate, and ensure the project’s implementation in a timely manner, backstopping its financial, administrative, and technical aspects, in line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
- Ensure project progress is monitored and assessed, increase effectiveness, and take appropriate action accordingly.
- Manage and supervise the work of staff members assigned to the project and ensure that the different components are well synchronized and coordinated.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with Government entities at the local, regional, and federal levels, implementing partners, UN agencies and other stakeholders including the communities in the project’s target locations.
- Prepare progress and other reports and ensure proper information exchange on all operational aspects of the project between IOM, the programme’s donor (KOICA), and other stakeholders.
- Assess and identify gaps in project activities and new project possibilities in the displacement-affected communities in line with the needs of the localities in coordination with local authorities and stakeholders.
- Represent IOM at relevant workshops and meetings related to the project and other programmatic areas and actively participate in the regular briefing of the donor and the government, the Ministry of Peace, in particular.
- In coordination with IOM Ethiopia Communications Department, ensure full and regular visibility of project activities as they relate to success stories, human stories, and the impact of the project in the target communities.
- Ensure best practices and lessons learned are recorded and shared in a timely manner for future reference.
- Undertake site visits and duty travel as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Law, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least five years of relevant professional experience; or University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in project management and development, including managing Return/Reintegration projects with a government or UN agency, or a regional or international organization;
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations, and private sector entities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills;
- Good knowledge of project management, monitoring and evaluation principles and practices;
- Familiarity with the budget/financial administration; proven resource management skills.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 16, March , 2023.