Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
MHNT Public Health Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Dassenech , Ethiopia.
MHNT Public Health Officer
- Provide health education at MHNT sites,
- Provide proper nutrition screening and emergency nutrition services (OTP, TSFP and linking cases for SC) based on national protocols,
- Record and registration of consulted/treated and nutrition program beneficiaries,
- Prepare, compile and timely submission of child health and nutrition services report,
- Manage child health and nutrition products/drugs stock, follow up on the stock level, utilization, and balance and notify early shortage to MHNT team leader,
- Conduct demonstration of Super cereal plus and other nutrition products preparation for new mothers to ensure appropriate utilization,
- Capacitate and assist HEWs in providing child health and nutrition services provision,
- Compile and submit stock consumption reports.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by the MHNT Team leader and senior Health officer.
- Develop donor reports in collaboration with the senior health officers, field coordinator, and Addis’s health technical units.
- Participate in the design and delivery of robust M&E plans and design/adapt health information systems including surveillance systems for the IRC HN programs,
- Ensure that the stated goals and objectives of the projects are met.
- Provide weekly/ monthly progress and quarterly reports to the concerned and work closely with MEAL Officer and Technical units.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Midwife Nurse, Sr. health & nutrition officer, Health and nutrition Manager, Admin, Finance, and supply chain.
- Minimum work experience of 2 years for MPH/MSc, 3 years for BSc Degree
- Basic supervisory/managerial skills with strong inter-personal skills.
- NGO experience in emergency health response project activities is preferable.
- Demonstrable experience in working with communities in participatory approaches and capacity building of health centers.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise implementation of emergency health response projects.
- Good technical and report writing skills with computer skills and knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual and ability to constructively address gaps and weaknesses. expertise on Psychiatric Nurse has an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure in remote areas and understanding of the cultural context of the local area including ability to speak local language has advantage.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 28, February, 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: