Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
UNICEF is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Support Emergency Nutrition Response
- Support to programs/projects development and planning including Programme Documents for Partnerships with Civil Society Organizations
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Contribute to situation analysis for the nutrition sector/s to ensure timely comprehensive and current data on child nutrition are available to guide design and management of nutrition programs/projects.
- Participate in strategic program discussion on the planning of nutrition programs/projects. Formulate, design and prepare a sector of the nutrition programs/projects proposal, ensuring alignment with the overall UNICEF’s Strategic Plans and Country Program and coherence/integration with UN Development Sustainable Assistance Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF), regional strategies and national priorities, plans and competencies.
- Establish specific goals, objectives and strategies and implementation plans for the nutrition sector/s based on results-based planning. Prepare required documentation for program review and approval.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to discuss strategies and methodologies and to determine national priorities/competencies to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable results.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes and to ensure integration, coherence and harmonization of programs/projects with other UNICEF sectors and achievement of results as planned and allocated.
- Work collaboratively with the Nutrition Cluster and Partners to update the Nutrition Chapter of Ethiopia’s Humanitarian Needs Overview and design of an efficient response plan that adequately addresses the needs.
- Contribute to the preparation of UNICEF Humanitarian Action for Children (HAC) and contribute to resource mobilization to finance implementation of these actions.
- Plan and collaborate with internal and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators and other UNICEF/UN system indicators and measurements to assess/strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the assigned sector in nutrition programs.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required interventions to accelerate results.
- Prepare monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths and weaknesses in program and management, identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for planning and timely intervention to accelerate the achievement of goals.
- Actively monitor projects through field visits, surveys and/or exchange of information with partners and stakeholders to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues, including referral to relevant officials for timely resolution.
- Monitor and verify the appropriate use of sectoral program resources (financial, administrative and other assets) confirming compliance with organizational rules.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, or other health-related science field is required.
- *A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in nutrition, public health, related research, planning or management in relevant areas of maternal, infant and young child nutrition required.
- Experience in the implementation of Prevention and/or Treatment of Wasting.
- Experience in the publication of peer-reviewed papers in reputable journals is an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergencies is considered an asset.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 07, March , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: