Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
The Food and Agriculture Organization(FAO) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Acts as a focal point for all project operational matters, organizes and handles the day-to-day operational activities of the field programme (including emergency, rehabilitation and development projects, in national, regional and global projects) and takes action in consultation with supervisors on any issues which arise during the execution period;
- Prepares project task force meetings and provides secretariat support;
- Ensures the timely provision of project inputs (personnel, technical support services, sub-contracts, training, equipment and supplies) directly by the Organization or, when appropriate, through contractors and in liaison with other support units;
- Participates in the preparation of project work plans monitors progress and identifies corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
- Reviews and monitors the project budget, prepares requests and revisions as required, maintains and monitors budget expenditures and resources, reviews project transaction listings with a view to identifying errors in accounting against budget lines;
- Prepares and submits the Project Implementation Reports and any other reports required by the Organization;
- Ensures the completeness and quality of data and documentation in the FAO corporate systems (e.g. GRMS, FPMIS), for all assigned operational field projects and activities;
- Prepares analytical reports on project performances as required;
- Coordinates action concerning the completion of field projects and arranges for timely and adequate reporting, including identification of project follow-up requirements;
- Contributes to the formulation of project proposals according to FAO’s procedures and prepares project documents for technical clearance and final approval under different funding arrangements;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Participates in the preparation of project work plans, monitors progress and, where necessary, identify corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
- Contributes to the formulation of field projects and programmes, including donor liaison, appraisal and operational clearance of project documents, preparation of budgets, log frames and work plans as appropriate;
- Monitors Letters of Agreement (LoA) and provides operational support, advice and guidance to Service Providers on management and reporting;
- Within the assigned mandate, support the coordination, monitoring and implementation of operational activities; supervises national and/or international staff as required; provide guidance on project cycle management and operational support functions;
- Liaises with Offices, Centres and Divisions at headquarters, as necessary, on issues related to the development and implementation of projects;
- Contributes to the setup of internal controls and quality assurance (such as budgetary controls) in compliance with FAO Financial Rules and Regulations;
- Participates in field missions, including the provision of operational and administrative support, data collection, etc.;
- Contributes to the drafting of briefs, reports and statements and correspondence for recipient governments and donors.
- Advanced university degree in public or business administration, finance, accounting, economics, social sciences or another field related to the FAO mandate.
- Five years of relevant experience in project management/operations and support;
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge of another official FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships.
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions;
- Extent and relevance of experience in programme/project formulation, analysis, planning and implementation;
- Understanding of FAO policies and programmes is considered a strong asset;
- Extent and relevance of experience in supporting, advising and guiding the implementation of complex, multi-stakeholder projects;
- The extent of experience in formulation, implementation and monitoring of projects;
- Ability to develop plans for the implementation and coordination of project operations in developing countries, in partnership with UN system organizations and other concerned actors;
- Familiarity with UN administrative, operational and financial procedures is an asset.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 17, March , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: