Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
African Union Commission (AUC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Policy Officer – Mediation (PAPS)
Job Type: Full Time
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Policy Officer – Mediation (PAPS)
- Assists in following up on the activities of the division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan.
- Suggests new and expands on existing policy areas for planned research.
- Assists in setting the overall research direction of a relevant policy area.
- Responsible for the delegation and execution of defined research areas.
- Participates in the organization of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders.
- Engages with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develops working relationships. Supports the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets.
- Assists in drafting reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division
- Assists in the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the AU-MSU work plans and annual Program Budgets;
- Assists the Unit in the preparation of correspondences, reports and working documents relating to the implementation of the KMF and overall programs activities of the Division;
- Assists in developing mediation policies, strategies, operational plans, strategic plans and work plans for the Division;
- Assists in developing and establishing the MSU as well as coordinating operational support to ongoing mediation efforts by the AU and Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and Regional Mechanisms (RMs).
- Assists the policies, SOPs and other guidance documents are regularly reviewed, and implemented;
- Assists on implementing capacity enhancement seminars, conferences and other familiarization sessions to assist mediators, their collaborators and AU staff;
- Supports the development of expert capacity, standby and/or rosters to be deployed in support of AU-mediation and dialogue efforts;
- Assists in the drafting of strategic documents on AU mediation efforts, as requested.
- Assists in Establishing and promoting collaborative partnerships with the RECs/RMs and other relevant external partners, most notably, the UN, the EU and civil society;
- Bachelor’s Degree in political science, international relations, mediation, peace and conflict studies, international economics, law, public administration, or other related social sciences studies.
- Bachelor’s Degree 5 years of relevant experience. Or Master’s Degree in similar studies with 2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong drafting skill
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work across business units/geographies; culturally sensitive environment.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Deadline: 13, February, 2022.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: