World Health Organization (WHO) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions
Receptionist / Telephone Operator – WHO
( 2104312 )
Grade : G4
Contractual Arrangement : Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days) : 1 year
Duty station: Addis Ababa
Country Office Support Units have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Officer, the reception/front office assistant will undertake the following tasks.
1.Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol. Weekly check and test of all lines.
2.Receive all visitors to the WCO and answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
3.Registers, classifies and routes incoming correspondence, documents and other materials.
4.Provides general information to clients and visitors and answers to general enquiries of the World Health Organization.
5.Maintenance of recording information in the system, solution of minor technical problems and reporting to telephone service provider for regular maintenance and repair.
6.Update of the Addresses of the Government, other International Organizations, Embassies, and NGOs and other important contacts.
7.Facilitate preparation of various programme documentation including scanning of documents and making copies for the various programmes upon request.8.Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training or commercial education.
Desirable: Post-Secondary training in front office or reception management, business administration or other similar courses.
Essential: 3 years of relevant experience and ability to work using computer.
Desirable: Experience in working with United Nations, multilateral or other non-profit international organization in health development or another UN agency is an asset. Experience in Oracle -based or other ERP systems is an asset.
The incumbent maintains and updates proficiency in the use of modern office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training or self-training. He/she keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure in the department, cluster and WHO, to be able to brief others and explain procedures.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Knowing and managing yourself
- Producing results
- Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 12,813 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/.
- Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review. c8MS8gJ DmW32P
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations,
- Staff Rules and Manual.
- This is a General Services position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted.
For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
HOW TO APPLY
For information on WHO’s operations please visit:https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1645556404841
Closure Date:February 28,2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.