World Food Programme (WFP) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Budget and Programme Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Budget and Programme Officer
- Conduct resource analyses to ensure donors’ contributions, especially under resilience initiatives and long-term solution projects., are spent as planned and in line with strict donor conditions in a complex operational environment.
- Ensure effective and compliant utilization of various donor funds, by tracking expenditures as per donor requirements and providing technical support based on best practices in resource management.
- In consultation with Finance, request for set up and timely management of Fund Reservations, prepare Fund Reservations consumption analysis on a monthly basis, ad-hoc management of expenditures, etc. through WFP financial system.
- Monitor pre-commitments, commitments, expenditures, and balances available to inform Activity managers on monthly basis, of the pace of expenditure levels against fund expiration and on critical bottlenecks to be addressed.
- Track project implementation by monitoring allotment, and utilization, and analyzing expenditures. Propose any recommended budget or expenditure adjustments.
- In consultation with Finance, create quarterly and bi-annual forecasts of expenditures for specific donors on different budget lines by collecting the latest information on expenditure forecasts from programme colleagues and partners.
- Prepare ad hoc, interim, and uncertified financial reports to donors while ensuring compliance with WFP corporate rules and regulations and specific donor requirements.
- Assess partners’ monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual operational and financial reports, including the pipeline report for Activity 5 (CCARB – Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience Building).
- Ensure the verification for operational partners’ financial reports has been done by WFP sub-offices and the Activity managers.
- Monitor operational partners’ expenditures against agreements and disbursement plans, as well as legally binding donor proposals linked to agreed log-frames, where needed
- Conduct regular financial analysis and budget reviews and provide recommendations to the Activity managers.
- Assist in the preparation of budget proposals and revisions for donors.
- Act as a funds management focal point to support Partnerships, Programme, and Finance units as required.
- Conduct regular financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to senior staff to optimize the use of available funds.
- Present fund analysis monthly report for the management and activity managers, highlighting significant issues and proposing corrective actions.
- Be the reference point for WINGS (SAP) for programme funds management and provide support and training as required to country office and Sub offices.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Accounting, Financial Management or other related subjects.
- At least five years of working experience in financial and grants management.
- Experience in financial management for the cross-cutting programme is desirable.
- Experience in WFP’s and/or other relevant UN Agencies’ financial systems is considered an asset.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=181813
Deadline: 06, January , 2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.