UNICEF is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Chief Field Office
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Chief Field Office
- Identify critical intervention points and measures by administering a consistent and transparent monitoring system; analyse country-level socio-political-economic trends and their implications for ongoing programmes and projects.
- Draft changes to/or prepare programme work plans as required. Prepare program recommendations for inclusion in formal programme documentation, and new approaches, methods and practices.
- Establishes programme work plans, monitors compliance and provides training, support and guidance to the programme team in order to meet objectives. Identifies human resources requirements and ongoing staff development needs.
- Reviews and evaluates the technical, institutional and financial feasibility and constraints of programme/projects in collaboration with the Government and other partners.
- Prepares relevant programme reports required for management, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
- Develop partnerships and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including those of the UN and national partners, in order to improve the ability to collect and disseminate development data and information, exchange information on programme/project status and implement and movement/distribution of supplies. Linkage to the Regional Programme Knowledge Network to ensure the availability of current and accurate programme data.
- Collaborate with the Operations Section to establish and maintain sound internal controls supportive of programming endeavours and to coordinate financial and supply management requirements and accountability.
- Maintain close collaboration with heads of sectoral programmes in the CO, Regional and HQ advisers for effective overall coordination on programmes.
- Plans develops and implements sectoral programme(s) by collaborating with the government and other partners. Provide leadership in the provision of technical advice, negotiation, advocacy and promotion of area/country-level goals, leading to agreement on practicable and priority actions to be supported by UNICEF programme and country-level cooperation.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required: social sciences, international relations, public administration, government and public relations, public or social policy, sociology, social or community development, or another relevant technical field.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant professional experience in programme management, planning, monitoring and evaluation, project administration or another relevant area is required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/job/554142/chief-field-office-p4-fixed-term-gambela-ethiopia-46894
Deadline: 25, January, 2022.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.