Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Child Protection Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Oromia, Ethiopia.
Child Protection Officer
- Undertake and ensure situational assessments, data collection, compiling and analyzing are to the required standard.
- Takes primary responsibility for the implementation and follow-up of CP program including development/update of relevant strategies, SOPs and referral pathways, case management, CP IMS, psychosocial support interventions and community based support for at-risk children including unaccompanied/separated children.
- Ensure well-coordinated program to address needs and cases concerning Unaccompanied/Separated children and youth living in the IDP sites.
- Support program staff in the design and implementation of effective community mobilization and awareness raising strategies.
- Maintain standard, design and undertake diversified psychosocial support activities at the Safe Healing and Learning Space (SHLS).
- Facilitate and take a lead in the arrangement (establishment) of family based care system or appropriate care system and promote community based protection mechanisms, reunification of UASC with their parents /caregivers and or placement in appropriate alternative care including developing of standard process of support including case planning, referral, follow up and review of case management.
- Provide training for CP staff, implementing partners, caregiver/families and the community and opinion leaders including children.
- Strengthen protection mechanisms through mobilizing and involving the community in reducing risks and harm of (abuse, exploitation, violence and neglect) against children, set up a mechanism of documentation and responding to the needs of identified, verified, and planned cases, as well as identify gaps and build the capacity of the community along with children to be able to support harmed and at risk children and their families including unaccompanied/ separated children and promote understanding among the community on the rights of children, and ensure their access to case management services available in the IDP sites.
- Work with the community and caregivers /parents through undertaking a positive parenting skills and ensure a positive parents and child communication skills.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, implementation, and monitoring of the program in line with organizational and donors’ guidelines, policy and procedures.
- Follow-up, monitor and supervise the implementation of program activities based on the work plan, spending plan and ensure the proper utilization and tracking of budget and materials allocated to the program.
- Represent the program in all partner meetings and communicate the outcomes with program staff.
- Coordinate, lead and facilitate regular monthly meetings with the community, children and implementing agencies and sectors including preparation of agenda and circulate the minutes of the child protection working groups (coordination body) meetings
- In collaboration with the CWI, hold community awareness raising campaigns/ keep fit on child protection concerns
- Interact with Government and other partners, NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the different stages of CP program implementation and follow up on agreed points.
- Collaborate with other Program Officers to ensure the integration of other (Education, Health, Sanitation and CWI) programs.
- Ensure accountability and collaborate with the Operations Sections to establish and maintain sound internal controls according to financial and supply management requirements.
- Mentor and support social workers and other child protection staff and develop a positive team spirit to encourage innovative and quality programming.
- University Degree in Social Science, Social Work, health or psychology/SocioIogy .
- 2 years of relevant experience and for postgraduate 1 years of relevant experience. Or diploma with 5 years of experience.
- NGO experience is a plus.
- Experience in capacity building and mentoring.
- Confirmed experience in developing competency-based training modules!
- Experience in working with harmed and at-risk children in NGO working system.
- Basic supervisory/managerial skills.
- Technical and report writing skills.
- Computer literate (ability to use MS office, word, excel, and outlook email applications very well).
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/37701
Deadline: 28, February, 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: