International Rescue Committee – IRC is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Title: Community Well being Initiative Coordinator Re advertisement, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Sector: Community Development
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Background: The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery, and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
The IRC is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual for the position of Community Wellbeing Initiative (CWI) Coordinator who will be the head of IRC Ethiopia’s Gender-Based Violence program, with a focus on women and girls’ protection and empowerment, spanning emergency, humanitarian, and development programming. The IRC Ethiopia’s CWI program provides support services for GBV survivors and those at risk (including case management and psychosocial support) and quality women and girls’ protection and empowerment programming that focuses on the holistic needs and priorities of women and girls grounded in their lived experiences and realities. Specifically – women and girls’ economic, physical, psychological, emotional, and social well-being and safety. The CWI program also works and collaborates with a range of partners including: Government; women and girl-focused NGOs; community-based women’s groups; and UN and international NGOs.
The CWI Coordinator is responsible in overseeing high quality program management, implementation, strategic direction, partnership development of the CWI (GBV) Programme. They will provide technical support, mentoring, encouragement, capacity development and guidance to the CWI Assistant Coordinator and CWI Managers, alongside the team as a whole. The CWI Coordinator supports the CWI team across the country in GBV prevention and response in emergency, humanitarian and development contexts in the following regions – Oromia, Somali, Tigray, and Benishangul-Gumuz, Afar and Amhara (where IRC directly responds and/or works with partners). This position reports to the Deputy Director for Programs (DDP) and requires regular travel to the field.
- Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Technical Oversight, Quality & Programming
- In consultation with and with support from the DDP and Women Protection and Empowerment Technical Advisor (TA), oversee CWI staff and ensure CWI program interventions are context-specific, technically sound, are in-line with best, safe and ethical practice in GBV programming and women and girls protection and empowerment, and appropriate in meeting the needs and priorities of target populations;
- Ensure CWI programs are adapted, flexible, responsive and appropriate to the context – emergency, humanitarian and development;
Overall responsible for CWI program budgets and support the CWI Assistant Coordinator to monitor budget spending in line with the spending plans, procurement plans, ensuring compliance with donor and internal requirements, budget vs actual analyses, and develop remedial plans where necessary to ensure budgets are optimally utilized;
- Work with CWI Assistant Coordinator, CWI MEAL Manager and the Grants Unit in funding proposal, budget and monitoring tool development, ensuring technical inputs are received from the CWI team in a quality and timely manner;
Support the quality ethical and sound data collection and information management systems are in place for GBV analysis, planning, and evaluation;
Liaise, coordinate, and work closely with IRC operational staff (i.e. HR, Supply Chain and Finance) to ensure timely and effective program planning and implementation, and to jointly address issues affecting program delivery as they arise;
- Actively identify, establish and develop partnerships with women and girl-centred national and local non-government organisations and networks and community-based groups working on GBV, violence against women and girls, women and girls protection and empowerment, with the objective of facilitating strong coordination and collaboration and partnership work on program implementation;
- Conduct regular field visits to supportively assess program quality and progress toward objectives and facilitate collective problem solving with staff and other stakeholders to address challenges identified.
Management, Staff Development and Team Wellbeing
- Supervise and provide ongoing support, capacity development and mentoring to the CWI Assistant Coordinator, supporting them to do the same with the CWI Managers they supervise;
- Support the development of sound performance objectives among CWI staff, and provide regular supportive feedback on staff progress toward realizing those objectives;
- Mentor CWI staff through regular feedback; create, facilitate, and support opportunities for practicing and applying skills and building a strong, mutually supportive team;
- Develop and facilitate practical, participatory “learning by doing” workshops and capacity development initiatives for the CW team, designed around areas identified by the team;
- When required, lead on the recruitment of new CWI program staff, consultants or other external support, in coordination with HR;
- Ensure effective team communication and support between team members based in Addis and the field sites, including opportunities for debriefing and staff well-being and care.
Strategic Planning and Fundraising
- Provide cohesive leadership on CWI program development and strategic planning; and actively pursue new program funding opportunities in-line with the program framework and the country program’s strategic outcomes, working closely with the Grants and Partnerships Units;
- Identify gaps and challenges in the CWI programs and work with the team to develop innovative approaches and mechanisms to address them;Participate in IRC multi-sectoral planning and program design initiatives, providing guidance and technical support to sector-specific design and implementation to maximize safety of, and reduce risks to, women and girls;
- Proactively work with other IRC Ethiopia program sectors – Child Protection, Education, Health/SRH and Economic Recovery and Development to identify areas and opportunities for collaboration, design integrated proposals, and collectively implement projects that multiply positive outcomes for women and girls
- Oversee coordination through the GBV/Child Protection sub-clusters in refugee contexts (with UNHCR and GoE), and in emergency response settings (with UNICEF and UNFPA).
- Represent the IRC’s CWI program in Ethiopia through meetings with external stakeholders such as the government, visitors, and donors, as requested or required.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in Addis Ababa, including the Government of Ethiopia (GoE), UNHCR and other UN agencies, international and local NGOs, donors, and other relevant actors.
- Education in health (MPH), social sciences, humanities or other related field with proven coordination and management experience in GBV programming / programming focused on women and girls rights, protection and empowerment;
- Proven practical experience in direct service provision for women and girl GBV survivors is preferred;
- Previous successful experience supervising and managing diverse, multi-disciplinary teams, and building team solidarity and cohesion in a cross-cultural setting, including providing direct and remote technical support;
- Substantial experience in project management in conflict or post-conflict situations, preferably in emergency / humanitarian contexts;
- Experience in grant management, proposal writing and grant reporting; and – supporting others to produce quality proposals and reports;
- Excellent written and oral English skills are mandatory;
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills, with strong coordination, diplomacy and networking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated experience in staff capacity building, practice mentoring and supportive supervision.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants to apply click the following link https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1645545962268
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.