Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
VSO is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Country Lead – CFYF
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Ethiopia.
Country Lead – CFYF
- Lead the development of the annual country delivery work plan and propose the strategic priorities for the Country.
- Lead the implementation of the country delivery plan following the timely planning as per the country work plan.
- Represent CFYE in-country – oversee the delivery of projects and serve as the first point of contact for IPs during the project life cycle.
- Take the lead in in-country project operations and management including strategic advisory and periodic review of progress against project targets, due diligence reviews and improvement plans, risk management and oversight of projects’ spending against budgets.
- Working closely with the central Fund Management team, coordinate the contracting of IPs and realisation of any required Contract Amendments.
- Coordination of in-country team to ensure IPs are fully supported by the wider CFYE team.
- Draft sections of documents, newsletters, reports and presentations for a variety of purposes, capturing key developments and insights from the country portfolios.
- Manage Ethiopia Country Budget in accordance to the agreed-upon country action plan, and in compliance with Palladium policies and procedures.
- Guide and facilitate IPs in preparing financial information and supporting documents as part of quarterly and annual internal reviews or external project audits, as requested by the Fund’s Central Team.
- Liaise with the IPs and Finance team on invoicing and contractual payment processes;
- Alert the Finance Manager at HQ when issues arise in relation to financial management that requires a response from the fund management team.
- Supporting IPs to successfully set, achieve and troubleshoot project outputs and outcomes that align with the project’s TOC.
- Coordinate and chair the quarterly progress review meetings with each Implementing Partner (IP), and document minutes, observations, and reflections, including external conditions and local external factors relevant to project implementation.
- Provide guidance to the in-country MEL advisor in realizing the data validation process to promote high-quality data collection, and support partners to monitor and evaluate the impact of their projects in accordance with the CFYE MEL system, and validate documentation tied to Outputs and Outcomes for disbursements.
- Work with the MEL Manager and other relevant team members to analyse portfolio-level data to draw key insights, emerging trends, and lessons, and communicate these in a clear and relevant way internally and externally.
- Relevant academic qualifications in a related field such as business administration, economics, HRM or finance.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of business support to a wide range of private sector entities and organisations.
- Strong Project Management skills including Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning experience.
- Strong affinity with youth empowerment, gender and social inclusion,and decent work.
- Highly self-motivated .
- Strong Portfolio Management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good organisational and planning skills, and sound problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills.
- Proven track record of successfully managing customer relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CRM Systems.
- Ability to work autonomously, and as part of a remote central team.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here.
Deadline: 06, March , 2023.