Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
Save the Children is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Director of Program Operations
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Dollo & Moyale, Ethiopia.
Director of Program Operations
- Responsible for coordination of program implementation both direct and indirect for delivery of high quality programming on time, and on budget, in line with the objectives of the Country Strategic Plan and Humanitarian Response Strategy and in accordance with donor requirements
- Working with the Area Directors, establish robust project management systems and standardised ways of working, including through capacity building of field office managers and Program Managers in work-planning and program management, holding them accountable for key deliverables.
- Ensure adherence and appropriate responsibility for donor awards as per the Scheme of Delegation: manage and support budget holders for individual projects and awards, ensuring accurate forecasting, and effective budget management and monitoring, for example through monthly project reviews at field level and at country office level
- Ensure that key project documents are in place at project kick-off, including procurement and HR planning, implementation plans, phased budgets, and ensure the regular review of the same
- Closely monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and trouble-shoot issues affecting program delivery at field level, drawing on support from relevant departments within the Head Office
- Work with the DCD-PI, Chief of Parties, Project Directors and Area Directors to ensure that large, multi-location projects led by Project Directors are managed and supported appropriately
- Support the implementation of MEAL protocols in line with best practices
- Responsible for early communication to DCD-PI and Awards Director for any project amendments, extensions etc. and participation in the development of these requests to donors
- Work with field teams to identify and communicate to DCD-PI/PDQ team any gaps in service provision/unmet beneficiary needs in current areas of implementation or more broadly
- In close coordination with relevant departments, participate in the program proposal process and participate in designing, innovative and high quality programs to serve children
- Ensure Area Directors prepare timely and high quality monthly reports, program reports, and donor reports in a manner to allow review and consolidation efficiently
- Represent Save the Children to members, donors and other stakeholders as required.
- Ensure all Project Staff take the full PMM course across the country,
- Ensure all new projects are PMM compliance in up taking tools and procedures,
- Draw an action plan for all continuing awards to be PMM compliant.
- Support and coach Area Directors, Field Managers and project staff to use the new procedures and tools
- Define approach for monitoring and embedding use of procedures and tools
- Lead the rollout of the PRIME system in Ethiopia Country Office.
- Master’s degree in development or other social sciences or equivalent.
- 12 years of relevant progressive experience, out of which 5 years in senior leadership positions, including significant field operations experience in implementing multi-sector programs.
- Experience in complex emergency responses and fragile states; prior experience working in conflict settings
- Robust experience in NGO emergency program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure
- Experience in international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
- Experience with key humanitarian donors including ECHO, DFID and BHA.
- Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Excellent problem-solving capacities; ability to collaborate with others to find solutions
- Experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others; understanding of capacity-building approaches, coaching, and mentoring
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
- Flexibility and the ability to effectively adjust expectations to on-the-ground realities, while adhering to humanitarian principles and standards.
- A high level of resilience, willingness to travel frequently to field locations
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in prior positions with fluent command of English to effectively compose and edit technical documents.
- Ability to independently review technical documents, and interpret and organize data and information as required.
- Formal security qualifications and trainings.
- Knowledge of security protocols and emergency preparedness.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and other database/mapping systems.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to speak Amharic and Somali local language.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here To Apply
Deadline: 10, February , 2023.