Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
Save the Children is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Dollo & Moyale, Ethiopia.
- Receive the vehicle with its accessories by hand-over documents and signs hand-over formats for receipt of vehicle with its accessories
- Providing transport service to staff, visitors and guests.
- Handles clients with due care and respect. Respects the faith and culture of different communities
- Respects the rules and regulations of departure and arrival hours according to the logistic manual.
- Handles confidential matters with due care and in consultation with senior staff.
- Maintains records of logbook for all journeys undertaken, fuel consumed, repair costs and ensures the logbook is available for inspection at any time
- Before starting the vehicle’s engine each day, checks the level of engine oil, radiator, and windscreen washer water are adequate, etc
- On weekly basis, checks the level of brake and clutch oil, battery water and the pressure of tires is at the proper levels, and also ensures that all lights and indicators are working properly
- Ensures that the assigned vehicle is not driven by another person unless authorized.
- Maintaining all safety and security measures to the vehicle under his/her care.
- Ensuring that the vehicle assigned to him/her is clean, fuelled, lubricated and regularly serviced as per schedule.
- Keeps all tools and reserve tyre with due care. Handles the vehicle and other related accessories and materials with due care
- Cleans seat belts each day and wears the same all times and insists all passengers to do the same
- Carry out minor vehicle maintenance at specified intervals and keep thorough maintenance logos for each vehicle.
- Have the SCI logo visibly displayed on all SCI vehicles, except where this would jeopardize staff safety or be inappropriate to specific local circumstances.
- Park in safe and secure areas all SCI vehicles during working and non-working hours. Parks the vehicle in safe place during night.
- Undertakes minor repair of the vehicle
- Report accidents as occurred immediately
- Adheres to rules and regulations of Save the Children International.
- Respects the traffic rules and regulations strictly
- Performs other related tasks as required
- Transports materials to respective destinations. Gives due care for the materials while loading and unloading.
- Requests repair and Car Wash service by filling forms and formats designed for repair and maintenance service for the vehicle on time. Checks the vehicle for repair and maintenance made by the garage against the repair order.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Social Science field.
- 5 years of relevant progressive experience, out of which 3 years of experience with INGOs at the managerial level.
- Developed experience in a senior Security Management role.
- Experience in liaising with civilian, police and military government authorities, as well as with regional, national, and international institutions.
- Experience of incident reporting, incident mapping, intelligence collation and analysis functions, set up and execution of an incident warning system (warden system), a compilation of security reports and assessments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in prior positions with fluent command of English to effectively compose and edit technical documents.
- Ability to independently review technical documents, and interpret and organize data and information as required.
- Formal security qualifications and trainings.
- Knowledge of security protocols and emergency preparedness.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and other database/mapping systems.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to speak Amharic and Somali local language.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/494/?location=Ethiopia&locationId=300000000345034&locationLevel=country&mode=location
Deadline: 03, February , 2023.