Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa ,Ethiopia.
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, and provision of inputs for the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Ensures prompt and accurate delivery of mail to all UN agencies, multilateral, bilateral, embassies and consular, government and non-governmental agencies/organizations operating from Addis Ababa. Delivers documents to courier companies and other locations as required.
- Takes care of office documents for protocol clearance, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other government agencies, Embassies and other international organizations operating from Addis Ababa. Also collects all documents destined to the UNOPS ETOH office.
- Assists with clerical work in the office when not performing messenger and driving functions. Specifically, S/he binds documents destined to the UNOPS ETOH office and other partners and ensures that documents for filing are well arranged for easy tracking by the Support Service / Operation Staff.
- Expedite functions related to staff visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- A secondary School Diploma (High School or equivalent) with a minimum of two years of relevant experience is required.
- A Technical Diploma in Automotive is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair areas is an added advantage.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience working as a Driver
- A valid civilian driver’s license with 2 years of safe driving record is required. This license will be required to pass a UN test/evaluation to drive an armored vehicle. Please attach a copy of your Driver’s License to your Application.
- Experience with map reading and global positioning systems is desired.
- Experience using computer systems or software is desired.
- Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as a positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change and flexible in a fast-paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://jobs.unops.org/pages/viewvacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=25493#1
Deadline: 23, February , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: