Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position:
English Writer/Editor II
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
English Writer/Editor II
- Write and edit compelling and culturally appropriate content and stories for a range of audiences (donor, JEOP consortium, wider humanitarian community) in the U.S., worldwide and Ethiopia.
- Acts as a gatekeeper for editorial review processes of a variety of publications and media for JEOP.
- Collaborates with staff content developers, fellow editors, JEOP leadership, internal stakeholders, and others involved in editorial process.
- Edits donor deliverables, annual report, newsletters, brochures and special publications, multimedia materials; and pages for the CRS website, ensuring accuracy and appropriate and consistent message.
- Researches, writes, edit, proofreads and checks facts for donor materials for JEOP. Proofread materials as needed.
- Regularly evaluates and updates CRS style and boilerplate materials, manages online CRS Editorial Calendar, assists team with editorial resources pages on SharePoint site.
- Works with the Deputy Chief of Party and Communications Manager to identify compelling stories from for development of humanitarian interest pieces. Collects, edits, updates, maintains, and tracks human interest stories in online database.
- Review and edit reports and content developed by CRS technical teams in a supportive manner to build the writing skills of team members.
- Review and edit external developed content from CRS’ data collection firms.
- Works with the Communications and social media specialist to write compelling content and campaigns for CRS´ social media channels.
- Provides expert counseling and support to the JEOP team to write and edit compelling marketing copy for a range of distribution audiences.
- Provides expert counsel and recommendations to internal stakeholder on website content best practices.
- Implements search engine optimization (SEO) best practices for JEOP content.
- Writes and edits assigned pages using CRS resources on content, style, message, and voice to ensure clear, accurate, consistent, and engaging presentation of our work.
- Ensure that the text follows the recommended style guides (AP and, when appropriate, CRS and CNS).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, journalism, or related field.
- Three to five years of proven experience writing, editing, and managing content for donors in English.
- Proven ability to develop and design visually attractive media for general and specialty audiences.
- Strong ability to work independently on short deadlines as needed
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; the ability to work quickly on time-critical tasks while patiently shepherding long-term projects is a must
- Adapts to all varieties of communication, from print to web, news to features, blogs to annual reports, magazines to multimedia, essays to captions.
- Expertise in editorial best practices for print and web communications.
- Knowledge of HTML and familiarity with content management/development programs a plus.
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to involve others in decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of job functions.
- Experience with website content management systems, particularly WordPress
- Native English speaker
- Highly organized with compulsive attention to detail.
- Proficient in PC software, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint etc.
- Knowledge of style guides (AP, APA, Chicago).
- Exceptionally strong technical writing, presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills.
- Inclusive approach, able to elevate the voices of underrepresented groups.
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment.
- Flexibility, persistence, and ability to work well with people and cross-cultural skills
- Strong presentation, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Great interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Curiosity, humor, high energy level.
- Team player who can work independently.
- Proactive, resourceful and results oriented.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 15, March , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: