Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
British Council is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Review and scan invoices for payment post-due diligence by Accountants/Senior Accountants
- Provide support as required with manual journals, accounting adjustments, and off-system payment requests ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies
- Support the income recognition process by extracting relevant reports and working with the Customer service and exams dept .
- Support reconciliation of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards .
- Maintain and file financial records as per corporate policy .
- Complete Travel & Expenses audits as per policy .
- Complete monthly cash journal reconciliations .
- Submit relevant documents to the local bank as requested
- Support the preparation of local Tax submissions and other statutory returns.
- Assist with the provision of information to internal/external auditors .
- Recent graduate with a degree in a finance-related fields.
- Interest in Financial Control .
- Self-motivated, proactive and a good team player .
- Drive to succeed, with the ability to think both creatively and strategically .
- Questioning, analytical mind .
- Good interpersonal & communication skills: verbal and written .
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and maintain quality of output .
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders .
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Packages, especially Excel, and adaptability to learning ERP software.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 28, February , 2023.