Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
Bank of Abyssinia(BOA) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Grade I Branch Business Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Molale Branch, Ethiopia.
Grade I Branch Business Manager
- Coordinate and manage the overall banking operation activities in the branch.
- Participate in the Preparation of the Branch’s budget and track its implementation,
- Ensure effective and proper utilization of resources;
- Analyze needs, asses the capacities of staff, and propose continuous education (e.g. training plan, TOT, seminars);
- Coach and mentor employees within the branch towards effective career development,
- Set goals, objectives, performance standards and signs an agreement with performers, and evaluate the periodic performance of his/her subordinates.
- Prepare, Review and upon approval, submit functional reports to relevant organs and work closely with the branch teams for same,
- Manage disciplinary concerns of the Branch’s staff.
- Participate in the Development of Branch plans (such as operational plan, marketing plans and sales plan) and objectives and review and consolidate same.
- Plan and manage the sales and customer service activities of the activities of the branch.
- Sale of bank products, services and digital banking.
- Handle the customer request.
- Maintain relationship management with customers.
- Ensure the proper handling of customer queries and complaints, and manage and maintain positive relationship with customer and staffs.
- Promote new and existing bank’s products, services and digital banking to the customers and facilitate efficient and high quality service to customers.
- Enhance the bank’s image through pro-active handling of customers and maximization of their satisfaction.
- Ensure that all performer comply with regulatory standards, bank’s policies, procedure and code of conduct.
- Ensure the fulfillment of overall tasks that have given to execute customer-focused service in the process.
- Ensure that good relationship maintained with developmental partner and high value customers.
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with the bank’s and regulatory standards, policies and practices.
- Countersigns on document and transaction tickets and approve payments.
- Supervise the business activities in the branch.
- Work closely with the branch teams in annual plan development.
- Evaluate continuously the work of the Branch business team.
- Motivate the Branch Business team.
- Prepare and implement periodic job rotation plan for the Branch business team.
- Ensure that all Branch transactions are processed accurately and efficiently.
- Responsible for management and maintenance of all bank products, services and digital banking.
- Coordinate the marketing efforts of the branch.
- Evaluate periodically the marketing and sales plans.
- Follow–up and rectify discrepancy reported by internal auditors.
- Create conducive working environment for the customers and staff.
- Engage fully in the resource mobilization activities.
- Authorizes transactions.
- Ascertains that all transactions are authorized on same date as per the standard.
- Keep cash indemnity savings account passbook of the officer and updates the balance on the system monthly.
- Manage and approve transactions on inactive current accounts as required.
- Measure Branch Business staffs’ performance periodically.
- Ensure all document related to credit and international banking are properly and timely forwarded to the respective departments.
- Ensure all loan request of customers are properly and timely forwarded to the respective departments as per credit procedure.
- Prepare reminder to the customer or take action for those customers who write a cheque without Sufficient balance as per NBE directive and report to Branch Banking;
- Perform other duties assigned by appropriately instituted Supervisory Management.
- BA Degree in Accounting, Management, Banking and Finance, Economics or other business related fields.
- Minimum of 6 years banking experience.
- Experience in Supervisory role is advantageous.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 10, February , 2023.