Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position:
Head of Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Head of Human Resources
- Provide strategic guidance and coaching to guide senior management, HR Officers, and supervisors to mitigate risks on complex HR issues, in identifying, understanding and implementing county-program policies and practices related to workforce planning, REDI, safeguarding, performance, discipline, positive employee relations and related topics.
- Advise CP’s senior management, project leads and HR department on organization and staffing structures, organization effectiveness and change management, inclusion, diversity, HR Reports and Workforce Analytics.
- Lead the development of CRS/Ethiopia’s HR strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with CP objectives.
- Consult with CP leadership on the Performance Management process, understand and leverage Talent Management, coach employees and managers on employee relations, performance management workplace practice and policy issues.
- Monitor, review, and analyze the impact and effectiveness of HR management programs, processes, and services throughout the CP including all sub-offices and provide expert guidance, advice, coaching, and technical support in the implementation of sustainable improvement solutions.
- Understand CRS’ compensation practices and policies and improve compensation policy understanding across the country program. Lead on assessing professional development needs of HR staff and ensure focused plans for mentoring and capacity building to strengthen HR service quality and career development.
- Lead CP management efforts in ensuring culture alignment with CRS mission and guiding principles, where dignity, diversity, community and rights and responsibilities of all staff are valued.
- Act as the CP liaison with the region and a key point of contact on all HR-related matters. Provide analytical reports on HR data, metrics, and trends. Contribute to the agency’s Human Resources Community of Practice and CRS global HR agenda.
- Perform HR audits to ensure HR systems, policies, processes, and practices meet agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards and support operational excellence.
- Manage HR processes and activities to ensure they meet latest agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards and reflect best practices.
- In collaboration with the Regional People Officer, develop and implement trainings to ensure our agency culture exemplifies “respect for human dignity”, embrace compliance to improve employee relations and engagement, enhance team morale and improve agency performance in support of 2030 strategy.
- Lead training and professional development needs assessment and analysis and ensure the provision of focused and precise development programs for CRS staff and partners.
- Ensure staff retention strategies reflect competitive and equitable compensation and benefits and a work environment that fosters staff engagement, empowerment through proper supervision, and personal and professional growth.
- Act as the CP’s key point of contact, internally and externally, on all HR-related matters. Represent the organization in forums related to HR management issues to stay abreast of standards, local laws, and industry best practices and to maintain peer contacts.
- Oversee record keeping through personnel files and/or Insight that adheres to required CRS, donor, and local law regulations. As needed provide analytical reports on HR-related data, metrics and trends to support decision-making, workforce planning and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration required.
- Master’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration or Organizational Development preferred.
- Law degree desirable.
- Minimum of seven years’ work experience in HR, including emergency responses, with at least five in a senior management role with an international organization, with strong knowledge of HR best practices and standards. HR Experience outside of Ethiopia with similar International NGOs will be a plus.
- At least three of these years managing an HR function including staff management experience.
- Strong knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
- Experience with and demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and advice on employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices for various countries.
- Proven experience in presenting, facilitating, coaching, and capacity building on HR topics.
- Proven experience in developing talent management strategy.
- Strong relations management abilities.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally.
- Strategic in how they approach each relationship.
- Experience in project management and change management (HR projects).
- Experience in safeguarding desired, including investigating safeguarding matters, and training staff on safeguarding
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Very good planning, monitoring and organizational skills
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Deadline: 28, February , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: