IOM is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Head of Sub-Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa ,Ethiopia.
Head of Sub-Officer
- Supervise and manage the operational, human resources, administrative and financial activities of the Sub-Office in accordance with the Organizational regulations and procedures in close coordination with relevant units in IOM Ethiopia CO oversee for the recruitment and capacity building of national staff of Mekele Sub-Office.
- Monitor and oversee the implementation and reporting of all the Sub-Office activities. Supervise the work of Project Managers/Project Officers responsible for the execution of project activities in the Sub-Office in coordination with the heads of Units. Regularly communicate with Project Managers/Project Officers on the progress of project activities, burn rate and donor reporting.
- Coordinate and supervise the application of strategy, procedural standards, and policies of IOM emergency projects. Contribute to the review of the overall direction and strategy of the Emergency Response Programmes for effectiveness on a regular basis and build linkages with other IOM programmes in the Country and the Region.
- Monitor the performance of the programmes to ensure that the targets are being met, in coordination with Programme Managers. Prepare regular reports in order to provide an objective overview of programme performance. Provide reports covering office operations, programme implementation, and progress of programmes.
- Staff recruitment and management in line with IOM rules and regulations;
- Track and oversee the financial expenditure of the Sub-Office per project code;
- Maintain records in coordination with the Resource Management Unit and in accordance with programme standards;
- Ensure proper management of the Sub-Office and maintenance and of the IOM properties, infrastructures and assets;
- Ensure an updated inventory of assets, in coordination with relevant units/departments; and,
- Ensure the security of the staff and IOM properties in close coordination with United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) and the regional-level Security Management Team.
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Business Administration, Political Science, Humanitarian Affairs, Development Studies, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Practical experience with international organizations, in development, implementation and evaluation, and/or project implementation and management;
- Experience in administrative procedures and staff welfare and management;
- Experience in liaising with government authorities, inter-governmental institutions, other national and international institutions, and national and international NGOs; and,
- Previous experience working within the Region is an asset.
- Familiarity with different project cycle steps and donor relations;
- Knowledge of the UNDSS protocols;
- Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural and diplomatic skills and the ability to lead and work inclusively with a diverse team;
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior officials in government, with civic leaders, businesspeople, and international donors;
- Excellent drafting/writing/reporting and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal, networking and presentation skills.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
- For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of either French or Spanish is an advantage.
- The proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 21, February , 2023.