Plan International is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Health and Nutrition Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Afar ,Ethiopia.
Health and Nutrition Officer
- Develop detail action plan and Ensure effective implementation of health and nutrition component in line with the existing donor approved project document in collaboration with other the project staff and other stakeholders.
- Lead the health team that involve health and Nutrition assistant and Home-based care providers and closely coordinate with other project staff
- Improving basic preventive health care at community level with emphasis health, immunization, health and nutrition services
- Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health bureaus
- Strengthening of early referrals mechanism at health facilities and community level.
- Plan and implement project outlined in the protocol for OTP and SC to achieve objectives of the project.
- Ensure effectiveness of Health and Nutrition Nurse as the health and nutrition nurse will help facilitate admission of the patient at the OTP, and SC.
- Train and support the HEWs on prevention and response of major diseases under surveillance and in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
- Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
- Ensure at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary drugs for provision of treatment under curative services, nutritional and clinical requirements at the catchment health facilities – Plumpy’nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
- Conduct planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Diploma and/or BSC in Health, Nursing and other relevant fields of study.
- Minimum over 3 year’s relevant experience an INGO or similar organization Knowledge of policy and practice in the field of emergency nutrition intervention, IYCF and health.
- Experience in developing and monitoring budgets.
- Computer literate in word processing and excel packages.
- An understanding of child rights and their protection and fulfilment in the development context.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; both in English & Amharic.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here To Apply
Deadline: 07 , February , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: