Budget and Financial Analyst – Plan International
Job Title:Budget and Financial Analyst
Type of Role: Admin Officer
Reports to: Administration Coordinator
- Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
- We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
- Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
- We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
- We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- The position holder will be responsible to serve as the first point of contact for Plan International Ethiopia who is responsible to provide front desk reception, administrative service, Air ticket service, visitors support and admin petty cash for the organization.
- Managing Internal and External Communication (30%)
- Handle front desk reception and administrative service includes receiving and directing incoming calls, mails, and emails. letters and visitors
- Draft correspondence letters and memos as directed by immediate supervisor,
- Handle petty cash for administrative and logistical activities
- Manage internal and external communications, receive and distribute office mail to relevant persons; prepare correspondence letters and memos as directed by immediate supervisor; maintain files and ledger for both outgoing and incoming correspondences and memos.
- Support the team with printing, scanning or copying documents
- Maintain notice boards and keep records on visitors’ data.
- Manage the use of the Country Office stamp.
- Manage and timely dispense scratch cards for mobile and EVDO/CDMA to Country Office staff as per their allowance rates on a monthly basis; maintain a ledger to document receipt of cards and a database of receipt of scratch cards from store and issues to staff.
- Serve as secretary and record minutes of meetings.
- Follow-up on office administrative issues related to the day to day operations of the office premises and effectively provide regular updates to immediate supervisor.
Air ticketing Service (20%)
- Book flights (both local and international) as per the approved travel authorization requests.
- Book & issue UNHAS flight for the places which are not covered by normal flight & facilitate its related payment.
- Secure safe and cost-efficient flight options in terms of timing and airlines.
Issue air tickets and forwarding to the requestors according to their choice.
- Process the air ticket service payment timely and charging the budget before its expiry date
- Produce consolidated report on monthly basis.
- Participate in the service provider performance management process
Provide Visitors Support (20%)
- Facilitate the visa application to the country for international visitors.
- Book Hotel accommodation for guests and arrangements of shuttle service as needed.
- Process payment to hotel service provider.
- Produce visitors’ weekly update status report.
Events management (15%)
- Book and arrange conference room for events, meetings and workshops with hotels for different conferences.
- Facilitate payments for hotels after service provisions
- Produce consolidated report on the monthly basis.
Record Management (15%)
- Organize files, records, letters (like incoming and outgoing letters, etc.) as directed; maintain a proper central filing system, update files, create archives and
- maintain confidentiality of the content of the documents. Make documents available to immediate supervisor as required.
- Maintain properly both outgoing and incoming correspondence and memo and other documents c1eyNEJ DmW3SD
- Maintain a proper central filling system, update files, create archives and maintain confidentiality of the content of documents.
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC).
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensure that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
- Education at Bachelor’s Degree level in fields such as Business Administration or Office Administrative Services Management, or Management or other related fields.
- 3 (three) to 5 (five) years directly related/relevant experience in international NGOs, multinational companies, Embassies.
Sound analytical and problem-solving capability;
- Ability to influence others’ behavior through effective relationship building; thorough current knowledge and understanding of relevant policies, frameworks etc.
- In-depth knowledge of project processes, procedures, and systems.
- Proficiency in relevant software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point, etc.) and other applications like SAP, ERP
- Data-entry experience and aptitude
Ability to analyse and report on bulk information
- May require ability to communicate technical concepts clearly to a non-technical audience
- Fluency in English language is essential
- Knowledge of local languages is a desirable
- Leadership and BUSINESS management COMPETENCIES
- Courageous in taking a lead, focused on Plan International’s purpose and making the most effective contribution within my own work context.
- Behaves in line with our values and safeguarding practices, inside and outside work.
- Challenge own attitudes, unconscious bias and behaviour and speaks up when they see wrong doing, especially by those who use their power over others to create fear or abuse.
- Understand and adhere to the policies, processes, practices and standards relevant to own work and keeps their knowledge and skills up to date.
- Honest and efficient in use of resources, including own time.
- Take responsibility for own performance and development: reflecting; seeking and listening to feedback; learning from mistakes; finding people or resources to help them learn.
- Constructive and optimistic in facing setbacks, challenges and change, using own initiative to analyze issues and improve things.
- Good team player, communicating effectively and being open and supportive towards those around them
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
- Understand relevant sectoral context including how the sector operates in terms of funding and governance and awareness of Plan’s purpose, values, and global strategy
- Manage legal and reputation risk including risk assessment, communication, risk management and reporting in full compliance with risk-related standards, including in areas such as Child and Youth Safeguarding and Protection, Gender equality and inclusion, Counter Fraud, Safety and Security
- Manage activities and resources including skills in strategic thinking, planning and organizing, financial planning and monitoring, negotiation and programme and project management
- Manage people and information including skills in assessment and coaching, evidence-based management, communication skills, both speaking and writing, and digital working, including personal digital skills
- Creates channels of communication with other individuals and teams.
- Identifies with the Plan International logo and brand and understand what they represent.
- Applies the brand guidelines to all forms of written and verbal communication.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
- We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Plan International is based on a culture of incivility and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
- We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
- Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
- A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants to apply please click the following link below.
Closing Date: December 22,2021
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: