Manager Senior Project, Addis Ababa – ChildFund International
ChildFund International is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position
Manager Senior Project, Addis Ababa – ChildFund International
Reporting Relationship: Project Director
summary Working together with key government and civil society partners, the Project Manager (PM) will lead the national implementation of a multi-country Early Childhood Development (ECD) project in Eastern Africa and Latin America. The project aims to adapt and replicate a playful parenting initiative originally implemented by ChildFund in Guatemala that used community-based radios to engage with caregivers of infants and young children during the COVID-19 pandemic. ChildFund is now seeking to build upon the Guatemalan experience, adapt content, and replicate the initiative in Brazil, Ethiopia, Honduras, and Uganda with communities still affected by COVID-19.
The PM will work under the supervision of the Project Director, lead in country activities in Ethiopia, supervise the work of in-country project staff, and closely coordinate with the Country Office support team. The PM will liaise with counterparts in Brazil, Honduras, and Uganda with the technical support from a Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer, and ChildFund regional and global technical advisors.
The position will be based in Ethiopia, entails community mobilizing, and may include domestic travel to project sites, with possible international travel. This is a 12-month position, with start date set for March 1st, 2022.
- Provide overall project management of the project in-country.
Oversee all aspects of program performance, both technical and managerial, including overall responsibility in the areas of strategic implementation, operations, administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, and financial accounting.Maintain ongoing communication (weekly basis) with Project Director.
- Maintain close collaboration and strong relationships with government and implementing partner counterparts to ensure quality project deliverable.
- Monitor project activities for results and maintaining ongoing contact with colleagues in the Country Office support team.
- Prepare country project reports with support from project staff and MEL Officer to be submitted to Project Director.
- Ensure that managerial, administrative, and financial procedures comply with ChildFund and donor policies and procedures and that the project is implemented according to ChildFund business principles, policies, and procedures; bring any issues of risk or liability to the immediate attention of the appropriate staff.
- Participate in monthly multi county check-in calls with counterparts in other countries, Core Global Team to address challenges, share lessons learned and strategy, ensure program’s progress and documentation
- Represent the project team nationally in technical meetings, conferences, and communities of practice.
- Participate in the activities of ChildFund’s regional playful parenting hub.
- Contribute to the documentation and knowledge and lessons learned exchange through ChildFund’s regional playful parenting hub, and the Community of
- Practice Advisory group.
- Collaborate with and provide requested information to research third party hired by donor.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, Advanced degree in ECE, Education, Social Sciences, or in a closely related field highly preferred. c5F9afI DmW4fG
- Five (5) years or more of progressively responsible work experience implementing multi-sector development programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills in the areas of health, nutrition, education and/or community development.
- Five (5) years or more experience working in Early Childhood Development (ECD), parenting, early learning programming, especially in support of infants and young children, and their caregivers living in marginalized contexts.
- In depth experience supporting ECD programming in Ethiopia.
- At least five (5) years of management experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and assembling teams working on multi-faceted development programs.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and foster relationships with government, civil society, and other partners; representing, and networking with donor representatives, multilateral agencies, and institutions focused on child development programming.
- Proven ability to provide technical assistance, guidance and coaching to implementing staff and partners.
- Demonstrated excellent communications and writing abilities and superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues and best practice, in relation to working with families and communities living in vulnerable situations.
Fluent in English.
- Experience with radio-based, IT-based education/ECD/parenting/education programming
- Experience working with parenting behavior change interventions
In-country professional experience in one/more of the relevant countries
- Experience with M&E and research plans for virtual/remote interventions.
- Experience managing or supporting multi-country initiatives.
- Fluency in one/more of national and local languages of Ethiopia
CHILD SAFEGUARDING Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position. The position is contingent upon funding.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the country where the position will be based at the time of application.
How to apply
Click here to apply https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1642714689338
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: