Operations Manager, Ethiopia – Humanity and Inclusion (HI)
Humanity and Inclusion (HI) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions
Operations Manager, Ethiopia – Humanity and Inclusion (HI)
Location: ETHIOPIA (Shire, Tigray)
Starting date: 01/03/2022
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Closing date for applications: 09/02/2022
Posting reference: -FV-01-22-6972
Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
JOB CONTEXT: HI launched an initial assessment in March, 2021, a period when the ENDF were controlling the key cities and the main road axes. Based on the field assessment findings, HI confirmed its engagement in the Tigray Humanitarian Response. HI therefore designed a global strategic operational framework to address the identified needs: PILLAR 1: Integrated approach between MHPSS, Protection, IHA and Functional & Physical Rehabilitation, to improve access to services and wellbeing of the conflict affected populations including the most vulnerable and persons with specific needs PILLAR 2: Contribute to improve access and ensure delivery of assistance to the most vulnerable living in Tigray while limiting the use of logistics negative coping mechanisms. An Emergency Area Manager (from HI Emergency Pool in Lyon) was deployed beginning of April, 2021, in charge of the operational launching in Tigray and securing funding, as well pursuing the external coordination/liaison with all key stakeholders. A dedicated HI Operations Manager for Tigray took over early June. Activities started again between August and October. HI is currently re-launching activities in Tigray with grants from ECHO, EHF and PRM. Although requirements to enter Tigray are still very restrictive (through UNHAS flights), HI needs an Operations Manager to ensure rapid uptake of activities as soon as possible.
Under the responsibility of the Program Director, you as the Operations Manager for Tigray contribute to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion. You ensure optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the area, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. You share with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm changes. Specifically, the Operations Manager for Tigray region will ensure uptake of HI activities after a long stand-by period in a very volatile context, with significant access and security issues. Your objective include project implementation in complex setting, external liaison, fundraising, project proposal development, project launch (operations, log, HR, etc.), your main responsibilities are: 1. Influence – You develop external influence of HI (forums, operational & strategic alliances, etc.) and the external representation of the organization (events, media)
2. Contribution to the Programme’s Operational strategy and HI frameworks & regulations – You contribute to the development of the Programme’s Operational Strategy in a new Region of intervention, and to its implementation. – You implement the project part of the Programme’s Operational Strategy: – With both operational opportunities and risks in mind, you contribute to the monitoring and analysis made by the line Manager, and propose mitigation measures when relevant – You support the Director in monitoring the security of the area and ensure adequate resources for employees according to the context – You ensure the deployment of and compliance with HI global frameworks, institutional policies and standards. – You ensure sound management and monitoring of any new project under his/her responsibility: 3. Management – You are the manager (direct report) of the Project managers’ team in the area of assignment – You steer organization transformation, in particular through managerial and work practice change and continuous improvement of working processes. – You ensure the functional animation of the teams on its area
- You have at least 4 years’ experience in humanitarian contexts;
- You have previous project coordination experience, and proven managerial and representation experience
- You have strong team management skills; strong communication and diplomacy skills;
- You have strong writing and reporting skills;
- You have good knowledge and experiences on risk management (safeguarding of beneficiaries, security, finance, donors, etc.)
- You have good networking capacities to contribute building constructive relationships with humanitarian actors and institutional partners.
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
- c5E99u2 DmW5Cx
- 6 months International contract starting from 1st, March 2022
- The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation: o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution o Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2869 € gross/month upon experience
- Perdiem: 515 € net/month – paid in the field
- Hardship: 500 € net/month paid with your salary
- Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
- R&R: 5 days every 6 weeks => + possible transport/package support.
- Position: unaccompanied
- Housing: Collective taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through the following link https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1642181584936
Closing date for applications: 31/01/2022
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: