Youth Facilitator – Save the Children Ethiopia
Save the Children Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions: Child Protection Case Management Officer – ( 210007L1 )
Youth Facilitator – ( 210008Z4 )
- No of Positions: 1
- Duty Station: Sidama Region Boricha Woreda
- Contract Duration: One year
- Location: Hawassa
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
The jobholder will be primary responsible to implement the program activities at community level and provides continues support and assists the Youth beneficiaries. S/he will also be responsible to support program planning and coordination at wereda program activities and also ensures active involvement of communication with the beneficiaries, communities and partners for smooth and successful implementation of program components as per approved program document; and government and donor requirements and standards. S/he will also be responsible to execute the existing YES service activities to a sustainable social enterprise network. Under the mentorship and administrative guidance of the Youth Livelihood officer. s/he will work together with regional team to carry out the following activities.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The job holder will be primarily responsible for ensuring the high quality of PVH program implementation, overseeing the overall program activities, and effectively communicating and escalating issue in a timely and appropriate manner. Responsible for overall program implementation at wereda, kebele & community level; support the PVH program staff in general and in particular at Woreda/town and kebele level in planning , coordination, implementation and supervision of project & community based activities and ensure active involvement and communication with communities and partners for smooth and successful implementation of program activities as per the approved program document; interact with relevant governmental offices at wereda & kebele level for adoption of new curriculum on skill training; and ensure the program implementation is in line with government and donor requirement and save the children standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Represent the program and & the implementation of the PVH program action plans of the target wereda/towns and kebeles.Accountable and responsible to create a detailed implementation plan (DIP) of the project for the target kebele
- Participate/engage in community mobilization, need identification, planning and effective implementation of program activities.Regularly visit field activities and provide formal and informal feedback to youth livelihood officers/staff in terms of adequate and inadequate progress as well as recommendations for improved performance;
- Build the capacity of youth beneficiaries at wereda & kebele level in technical issues pertinent to the sector;
- Continuously assess project’s context, assumptions and changes in the working environment to ensure that the project focus, strategies and activities remain relevant and to proposed adjustments when needed.
- Ensure the implementation of project activities in accordance with the DIP and with the aim of 100% achievements of project results and objectives.
- Ensure feed backs are gathered from participants and beneficiaries on the Youth livelihood curriculum and program activities for further improvement and possible actions.
- Establish wereda/town level linkages and partnerships with private sectors, MFIs, GOs, NGOs, TTIs etc and maintain existing partnerships in wereda/town & kebele level.
Work with Life Skills Trainers to plan activities on a quarterly and weekly basis;
- Ensure that gender issues are properly addressed during the process of the project planning and implementation in the wereda & kebele level;
Maintain and create good relationship and collaboration with government ministry offices in wereda/town & kebele level.
- Ensure that the YES centers are equipped and well informed to provide the necessary services and information to business starters and unemployed youths to find jobs.
- Participate and contribute for program development and planning meetings
- Facilitate the involvement of volunteers from different sectors to support the program.
- Produce kebele level program plans & reports are good quality, regularly updated and timely produced and communicated to youth livelihood officer & all stakeholders.
- Participate & assist the YLO on periodic (Quarterly, BI-Annually) review meetings involving all relevant SHs (including project staff, project managers, partners, other functions) to assess all project management documents and evaluate if project is being implemented on time, achieving results and quality.
- Facilitate & provide life skill & other training to the project beneficiaries;
- Represent the program and delivery of coaching and training activities under respective Woreda & kebele with the support from youth livelihood officer and Regional program manager.
- Facilitate and coordinate the components of youth workforce development activities, like facilitate trainings, provide coaching and organized mentoring and work placement programs for unemployed and underemployed youth.
- Facilitate & participate in community mobilization, need identification, planning and effective implementation of program components.
- Facilitate the active participation and building of trust with communities and other stakeholders and work closely with IGAs, TVETs, youth associations, private sectors, FTCs or PTCs, Youth focused government organizations, training institutes and etc
- Communicate effectively with program staff and partners to identify needs and develop alternatives business solutions.
- Produce timely and quality of periodic reports to relevant recipients.
- Develop team sprit among staff.
- Organize periodic meetings with other program staff at wereda/town & kebele level.
- Maintain program files and related documents at wereda level.
- Coach and record participant personal development plan (PDP) progress
Organize workshops and trainings under the direction of the project Coordinator.
Ensure regular communication between SCI and communities at wereda & kebele level. c1HeoIC DmW3Tr
- Work closely with Woreda Women, Children and Youth Affair Offices/other partners.
- Be part of the planning team of the PVH program staff at Woreda & kebele level.
Develop quarterly & monthly activity plans and reports in close consultation with the Woreda YLO.
- Be the translator of local languages for other program staff, consultants and visitors.
Accurately express SC position, objectives and policies.
Carry out other duties as requested by the YLO & project coordinators
- Ensure proper implementation of identify young budding entrepreneurs and youth having potential to become entrepreneurs.
- To ensure the effectiveness of network of entrepreneurial young leaders.
- To ensure effective partnership and link the target groups with private companies and association, training entities and Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs)
- Liaise with potential employers in the area and identify employment opportunities.
- Identify Potential Economic Opportunities of the wereda & kebele.
Build good networking with other YES services in the wereda & kebele.
- Work closely with wereda and youth facilitators of PVH team at the region/wereda and kebele.
- Establish and maintain formal and informal communication mechanisms with private sector, community partners and other stakeholders as relevant;
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Year of service (2-3 years)
- Bachelor degree in field (s) such as: sociology, Community development and adult education, rural development, business Education, Business, developmental psychology, economics, commerce and related courses
- Age 21-25
- Speaks the local language fluently.
- Excellent understanding of the culture and ways of living of target communities.
Good written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and excellent awareness about communities, government structure and etc.
- Good report writing skill; able to collect document and share records and information.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in rural Kebeles where the program is implemented, within approved security frameworks.
- Basic computer skills and mobile literacy are desirable.
- Experiences of working in NGOs; and communities at grass root level are advantageous
- Experiences in volunteering, community service and passion for development work are advantageous.
- Experience of working with Women, Income Generating Groups, Training facilitation, Coaching and Mentoring youth
- Work experience in productive areas and knowledge of local culture is advantageous
- Work experience in productive areas and knowledge of local culture is advantageous SC Values are: Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. To meet the value system the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases (this varies according to the position please consider the below as example)
- Leading : (align with Ambition, Integrity collaboration and creativity)
- Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/ organization.
Thinking: (align with Ambition, Creativity, Collaboration and Creativity)
Applying technical and professional expertise: Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
Engaging: (align with Collaboration, Creativity)
Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
HOW TO APPLY
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Closing Date: Dec 22, 2021
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: