Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
Save the Children Ethiopia is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Gambella, Ethiopia.
- Support field level needs assessments; on livelihood project identification, labour market and feasible business types assessment and business plan development activities
- Participate in preparation of detail implementation plan in collaboration with other project team particularly in economic empowerment and nutrition sensitive agriculture activities.
- Establish working relationships and partnerships with government partners, private actors and other stakeholders including RRS, and UNHCR to enhance structured opportunities for refugee and host community’s on livelihood diversification.
- Provide indoor and on job training to target beneficiaries on technical and soft skill components continuously.
- Provide capacity building trainings to the coalition leaders and members on different themes, cascade different ToT trainings ensure quality of economic strengthen interventions
- Assist established SHGs to empower them on social and economic activities in their localities
- Support planning, organization and implementation of events including workshops, awareness-raising campaigns, and experience sharing opportunities of target groups’ economic empowerment
- Support and facilitate the implementation of agriculture extension, business plan development, marketing and environmental friendly activities as per the set work plan and methodologies
- Ensure feedbacks are gathered from participants and beneficiaries on livelihood training manuals for further improvement and possible actions.
- Establish linkages and partnerships with private sectors, MFIs, GOs, NGOs, TVETs, UNHCR, RRS etc. and maintain existing partnerships on the ground.
- Provide technical backup along with close coaching and mentoring support to enable Life Skills, technical skill & other economic empowerment trainers to work project activities effectively.
- Ensure & work towards improved on livelihood service delivery; and Coordinate, participate and contribute for program development and planning meetings
- Produce program plans at the local level; and ensure that reports are good quality, regularly updated and timely produced and communicated to all stakeholders.
- Organize periodic (Quarterly, BI-Annually) review meetings involving all relevant SHs (including project staff, support functions and partners) to assess all project management documents and evaluate if project is being implemented on time, achieving results and quality.
- Represent the program and delivery of coaching and training activities under respective local stakeholders with the support from regional coordinator
- Facilitate and coordinate the components of workspace development activities, like facilitate trainings, provide coaching and organized mentorship for target groups
- Facilitate the active participation of and building trust with communities and other stakeholders and work closely with TVET, SHGs, private sectors, Community based organization, training institute.
- Communicate effectively with program staff and partners to identify needs and develop alternatives business solutions.
- Produce timely and quality of periodic reports to relevant receipts.
- Maintain program files and related program inputs are properly documented and available at safer places.
- Mainstream gender, environment, safeguarding, and other cross-cutting issues in the project.
- Carry out other duties as requested by the Regional Coordinator.
- Minimum BA degree in preferable in fields such as social work, economics/agro-economics, agriculture, business management, and related courses.
- 4 years of relevant progressive experience, out of which 3 years in Livelihood project officer/advisor positions
- Experience of working with livelihoods development programs including nutrition sensitive agriculture in refugee and host community.
- Experiences of working in INGOs, Communities at grass root level, local training institutes are advantageous.
- Excellent understanding of the culture of and ways of living of target operational Areas
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with private sectors, communities, government structure, existing NGOs…etc
- Good team player and open for new ideas and learning.
- Good report writing skill, able to collect, document and share program records and information.
- Knowledge of computer applications.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in refugee and rural areas where the program is implemented, within approved security frameworks.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 01, March , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: