Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Jinka, Ethiopia.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocol.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF and MOH medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- MSF is an independent, neutral and impartial organisation that is providing quality medical care free of charge regardless of the ethnic origin of the patients, so to both local and internally displaced population. We ensure that our staff are aware and respect the cultural differences of our patients and colleagues working together.
- Currently MSF Belgium is providing most needed medical care in Afar and SNNP regions targeting host communities and internally displaced people.
- Currently MSF is opening a project in South Omo focusing on addressing the most medical needs of visceral leishmaniasis (also known as Kala Azar) and mobile clinics in the most affected areas. As such MSF aims to contribute on on the reduction of mortality and morbidity of this treatable disease and other morbidities like Malaria, malnutrition, diarrheal diseases, respiratory tract infections to the hard to reach areas.
- Medical Doctor (BSC Degree in Medicine).
- 2 years of experience minimum as a Medical Doctor. Desirable Kala Azar experience, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB.
- Fluent in Amharic. Local Language and English – Desirable.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Msfocbfirstname.lastname@example.org Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Deadline: 27, January , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: