Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Principal Technical Advisor
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Principal Technical Advisor
- Conceptualize and lead country support, core and regionally funded PV activities, and support the development of innovative strategies and programs to strengthen PV as part of the broader regulatory system strengthening work in each country.
- Support countries or regions to review their operational processes, develop long-term institutional development or strategic plans, and support the development and implementation of related action plans to improve pharmacovigilance
- Support countries to prepare and plan for the assessment of their PV systems using the WHO Global Benchmarking tool and support implementation of institutional development plans (IDPs) in collaboration with the WHO.
- Support countries to use relevant electronic tools including Pharmacovigilance monitoring systems (PViMS) and the VigiFlow to manage, analyze and use adverse events data for risk evaluation and regulatory decision making
- Contribute to the design, implementation and monitoring of capacity-building activities for country or regional teams to strengthen the capacity and improve PV implementation including developing eLearning courses
- Train MTaPS country teams and government counterparts in the use of PViMS for data management, analysis and decision-making.
- Develop written technical briefs, peer-reviewed publications, and country and global updates on technical issues and/or issues of strategic importance.
- Represent MTaPS on specific internal and external initiatives.
- A post-graduate degree in a health-related field with specialized training and/or experience relating to pharmacovigilance, pharmaceutical management, and regulatory system strengthening is required; a physician or pharmacist qualification is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in pharmacovigilance working with a national regulatory authority and/or the pharmaceutical private sector in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) in Africa and/or Asia; minimum of 2-3 years resident working in LMICs required.
- Demonstrated experience working with and familiarity with USAID.
- Significant experience in strengthening regulatory systems with a particular focus on working with pharmacovigilance systems at the regional level.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Deadline: 11, March , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: