Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Follow proper standard NRC archiving procedure and keep scanned copies of all procurement-justifying documents in the Agresso system.
- Focal person for overall coordination of procurement activities related to framework agreements and pre-qualification
- Responsible for framework agreement contract management and focal person for standardization of one-off purchase contracts
- Ensure all procurements shall be done according to procurement procedures and policy at all times, and within the minimum timeframes stipulated for each of the procurements.
- Responsible for the international procurement process
- Centralize and process framework agreement at the CO level
- Centralize and process pre-qualification, and maintain pre-qualified supplier’s list
- Ensure proper archiving of procurement documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the procurement process
- Additional Responsibilities requested by the Line Manager.
- Identify the category of supplies and services framework agreement that should be established, and for which categories pre-qualification shall be established in collaboration with the logistics manager.
- Define standard product/service catalogs for the category of supplies and services framework agreement should be established in consultation with respective program coordinators/specialists of core competencies
- Develop a price catalog, update it on a quarterly basis, and share it with all concerned staff
- Develop a pre-qualified suppliers list, update it on a biannual basis, and share it with all concerned staff
- Develop contract follow-up, update regularly, and share with concerned staff on a monthly basis
- Process international procurements in consultation with Logistics Manager, ensuring the import procedure of the government is addressed fully
- Ensuring tracking and reporting of all procurement activities through the daily updating of the procurement tracking sheet, and sharing this with managers and programs on a weekly basis
- Perform other logistics functions as delegated by Logistics Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in procurement, logistics, supply chain management or related fields.
- 5 years experience in a procurement position preferably with INGOs.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures and work systematically
- Able to use policies and procedures to solve problems, and be proactive in bringing ideas and solutions
- Able to maintain good relations with colleagues and suppliers, even in difficult circumstances, always maintaining professionalism when representing NRC
- Able to work in a team, motivate others, and participate actively in team meetings and discussions
- Able to analyze information, prioritize and take decisions and responsibility for those decisions
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Dynamic, energetic, and committed to NRCs work in Ethiopia
- Keen to work in a busy environment, and take pride in working hard and achieving results
- Strong computer skills, especially in Excel and use of the email
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Deadline: 16, March , 2023.