Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
World Health Organization (WHO) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Advises the Chief Operations Officer and the head of WHO Country Office (WR) for an informed decision making on procurement transactions.
- Responsible for the supervision of the team carrying out a wide variety of supplies and services associated with contracts and procurement activities, in accordance with the WHO established procurement procedures.
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of the procurement plans by the different clusters of the budget center.
- Prepares and monitors the implementation of procurement plans ensuring objectives and priorities are met and on track.
- Evaluates requests from the technical units and partners and advises for compliance with the organization’s rules and regulations at all stages of the procurement cycle
- Ensures smooth running of operations of procurement transactions including goods and services ordering and delivery
- Administers procurement resources and ensures compliant and efficient use of standard operating procedures of procurement.
- Provides inputs in formulating strategies and designs innovative solutions to resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects.
- Plans, develops and manages all procurement and contractual aspects of projects of significant complexity related to procurement of diverse services and commodities, taking into account the emergency response context and other local economic and contextual conditions.
- Oversees adherence to contractual agreements, recommends amendments, extensions and termination of contracts, and further advises concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations.
- Maintains the pre-qualified and assessed supplier’s database. Maintains and monitors the overall activities of procurement, logistics, and contracting services for the office through the use of the GSM oracle system and other procurement tools including the Business Intelligence (BI), providing reports, data and statistics.
- Conducts market research to keep abreast of market developments; supply patterns and availability of goods and services; Identify new hotels and negotiate concessionary rates for WHO staff and Consultants.
- Maintains regular contact with the Regional Contracting and Procurement Service (CPS/AFRO) and make follow up of the Contract Review Committee (CRC) deliberations.
- Makes a follow up of the shipment of items ordered with the forwarding companies and liaises with local authorities for taxes exemption and for timely clearing of the goods items from the customs.
- Acts as the Secretary for the Local Procurement Committee.
- Actively participates in the UN Local Procurement Working Group.
- Analyzes and/or evaluates vendors performance, along with other designated staff members.
- Undertake other administrative duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- First university degree in Procurement/Logistics Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, or related field.
- An advanced university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, post graduate training in operations management or related field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience, some of which in an international context, working in the area of procurement services, and logistics services for a programme.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages. Relevant experience in the UN System and/or international organization.
- Excellent knowledge of English. Working knowledge of French or another WHO official language would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) with an emphasis on Excel or a similar workbook application.
- Familiarity with the use of GSM and other ERP systems.
- Ability to lead and manage a team effectively.
- Ability to develop innovative approaches and solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills by working harmoniously as a member of a team, adapting to diverse educational, socio-political and cultural backgrounds and maintaining a high standard of personal conduct.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2300342
Deadline: 11, February, 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: