United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is looking for qualified applicants for following open position.
Programme Associate – Nutrition
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Jijiga, Ethiopia.
Programme Associate – Nutrition
- Organize visits to the field teams implementing nutrition activities in line with sub-office monitoring plans
- Provide on-job training and supportive supervision to staff and identify implementation capacity gaps for the attention of the office emergency nutritionist.
- Make reports identifying the gaps, corrective action taken at the field level and follow-up action with individual WFP partners
- Ensure that the nutrition reports (Cooperating partner’s Distribution reports, Monthly statistical reports, and progress reports) are shared with the area office in a timely manner. Ensure that the CPDR are accurately reflected on the WFP accountability platform -COMET.
- Contribute to the analysis of the available Nutrition data to make evidence-based decisions to improve the program
- In liaison with the area office logistics team, monitor the nutrition commodity release process, in line with the CP nutrition supply requests
- Provide support to the nutrition commodities distribution planning process at TPM, WFP CPs and WFP SO staff. Collate plans and share with the area office emergency nutritionist.
- In close liaison with JAO logistics, consolidate nutrition commodity stock status including deliveries, daily stock balances, tracking of best-used-by dates (BUB) and Terminal disbursement dates (TDD) from sub-offices.
- Train and guide the area office nutrition monitoring assistant and other SO staff to compile regular reports on the food deliveries at the CP warehouses and verify that the amounts received by the CPs have been properly recorded including the damaged or suspected losses; provide on-spot training on commodity handling and appropriate record maintenance (in collaboration with logistics)
- Follow up on action points raised in SO reports on a range of issues arising from the delivery of SNFs including utilization by the beneficiaries
- Support the area office emergency nutritionist in financial settlement processes under Field level agreements (FLA) including verification of invoices and expenditures.
- Secondary education or University degree in Nutrition or related field areas.
- A master’s degree in nutrition or Public Health will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years of field experience with nutrition/health/food security or related field.
- Experience working with the UN is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with nutrition-specific interventions, both treatment (Integrated management of acute malnutrition (IMAM)/Community-based management of acute malnutrition (CMAM) and prevention programming.
- Previous experience in similar technical support provision and capacity-building roles in field offices/activities.
- Experience and exposure to implementation of national or subnational programmes and interventions that impact nutrition.
- WFP experience working in somali region is an added advantage.
- Conceptual knowledge of nutrition in emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in multicultural settings and teams.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software packages.
- Capacity to plan and organize own work, and work with minimum supervision.
- Able to work and achieve results under pressure.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple tasks in an autonomous manner.
- Ability to travel frequently and to work in difficult environments
- Ability to handle any other additional tasks as requested by the supervisor.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 21, February , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: