Amref Health Africa is looking for qualified applicants for following open position.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Jijiga, Ethiopia.
- Prepare annual and monthly plans together with partners and submit to the project officer.
- Provide support for Integrated Eye Care Workers (IECWs), Health Extension Workers (HEWs), and volunteers such as Women Group Leaders (WGLs), Community Health Agents (CHAs) or Health Development Armies and school teachers and other relevant bodies that can contribute to Trachoma elimination in the region.
- Coordinate partners trained human resources in activities related to the implementation of the SAFE (Surgery, Antibiotics, Facial clearness, and Environmental improvement) strategy to control trachoma and school eye health.
- Work with partners on the timely and effective identification of TT cases, follow up of the TT backlog clearance and support the outreach service in the region
- Facilitate and coordinate house-to-house TT case finders training and screening
- Participate in annual planning and periodic evaluations of the project, partnership, and review meetings, as required;
- Facilitate and involve in baseline studies and research activities in the project area when required;
- Act as a link between the zones, woredas, health facilities, and Amref Health Africa.
- Develop and maintain trust and good relationships between Amref Health Africa and its partners by working in collaboration with the respective sector institutions, collaborating agencies, volunteer workers, and communities in the project area.
- Organize and actively participate in the activities of various community groups advocating for the prevention of blindness;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports against the planned achievements and submit them to the project coordinator
- Prepare and submit monthly case stories to the Communication Officer;
- Ensures the judicious use of resources by implementing partners; (proper utilization of TT kits, supplies, and other materials)
- Maintain adequate records of activities, reports, and baseline data of the project area; and work closely with project M&E assistance.
- Organize and facilitate regular TT surgery outreach programs in consultation with supervisors and partners.
- Conduct regular supportive supervision, and follow up with primary eye health care units in close collaboration with partners
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Ophthalmic nurse, senior IECW who has a diploma or degree with another health-related program.
- Training on TT surgery and eye care.
- At least three to five years of demonstrated experience in implementing eye care service
- Experience in blindness prevention, trachoma, and/or preventive ophthalmology is an advantage.
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written);
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, & MS Outlook) and the Internet usage
- Able to interact and manage people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Can foster an open trusting work environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team-driven environment
- Accepts accountability for work assigned and performed
- Supports a customer-centered approach to programs, services, and systems;
- Willing to travel to the field extensively
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 12, March , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: