Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Project Management Support Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa ,Ethiopia.
Project Management Support Officer
- Support the Project Management Support Specialist in ensuring UNOPS Policies and Procedures, Financial Rules and Regulations (FR&R) are adhered to for efficient project implementation and progress;
- Monitor project financials and advise the Project Management Support Specialist accordingly;
- Track expenditure and take relevant action when required to revise budgets (realignment and amendment);
- Monitor and record best practices and innovative approaches within UNOPS FR&R; identify and show alternative options according to Activity needs;
- Managing information flows and overseeing change controls, risk registers and issue management; documenting and feedback lessons learned and best practices;
- Supporting the project planning process;
- Maintenance of all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes;
- Management of work packages within the project as and when required;
- Assist the project management support specialist in the monitoring of the project quality indicators and undertaking monthly assurance tasks on behalf of the project management support specialist.
- Supervise project assistant(s) within the team, to ensure work efficiency and quality at all times.
- Maintain all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes.
- Ensure accurate data entry into UNOPS ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditure and all administrative procedures in line with the work plan.
- Process direct payments and advance requests and prepare project budget revisions.
- Produce financial reports; including developing financial monitoring and reporting formats as per UNOPS requirements.
- Support the Project Management Support Specialist by monitoring budgets, cash flow and reporting on expense obligations to ensure that deliverables are met.
- Alert the Project Management Support Specialist or any financial shortfalls and over-expenditures.
- Propose budget revision and initiate corrective action when necessary.
- Coordinate vendor communications, meetings, and reports as necessary.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Emergency Management, International Relations or other relevant fields is required.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Emergency Management, International Relations or other relevant fields will be an asset.
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant experience, specifically in the field of Project Management or Operations Management, and/or in a combination of both with a focus on monitoring or reporting or development or coordination, or other relevant activities is required.
- Experience in humanitarian emergency operating contexts, including humanitarian coordination mechanisms and/or donors and/or security and/or operations management, is an asset.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of UN rules and procedures in procurement and/or finance and/or HR Management and/or administrative rules and regulations will be an advantage.
- Skills in budget preparation, financial reporting, coordination and report writing are assets.
- Working experience in Ethiopia will be an added advantage.
- Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as a positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change and flexible in a fast-paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Deadline: 23, February , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: