Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
International Organization for Migration (IOM) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Mekele, Ethiopia.
- Contribute to the review and/or development of detailed work and activity plans for Shelter FI project implementation in collaboration with Programme Manager and in accordance with Programme documents and donor agreements. Monitor adherence to work-plans, deadlines, and budgets.
- Monitor Shelter NFI project progress by assisting with the development of monitoring systems for tracking progress in area of responsibility and relevant locations in Tigray region. Identify challenges and bottlenecks and make recommendations on corrective action to be taken including in the procurement and delivery of shelter NFI materials. Document best practices and share lessons learned.
- Work closely with technical working groups and the national and regional Shelter NFI cluster including relevant Government sectors and Technical Working Group (TWiG) on Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Returnees, Host community, IDPs shelter NFI needs in the region to check adherence to work plans. Contribute to the implementation and periodical review of strategies,. Provide technical inputs in producing the assessment reports and making recommendations for further action.
- Provide technical support on IOM Emergency Shelter NFI assistance to IDPs including engagement with the Shelter NFI Cluster on the development of shelter and NFIs interventions for emergency, recovery and resilience of individuals displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
- Contribute to the development and maintaining of positive relations with government counterparts, on assistance to IDPs, returnees and IDPs hosting communities and National Disaster Risk Management Commission (NDRMC) and regional Disaster Preparedness and Prevention Bureau (DPPB), UN agencies, and other partners, including non-governmental organizations (NGOs), civil society organizations, and regional state authorities at the technical level on assistance to affected populations.
- Assist Programme Manager and work closely with the project development and
communications teams in Country Office to identify new project opportunities on Shelter NFI and provide regular updates on activities for purposes including ensuring appropriate donor visibility and project implementation sites.
- Supervise the Shelter NFI unit’s staff based at Sub-Office level to ensure compliance to implementation plans. Provide guidance and support to Shelter NFI programme field staff (including development/revision of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and technical notes) and technical support on synergies between head- and field offices regarding staffing needs and the efficient use of resources.
- Check that the integration of cross-cutting issues such as protection, environment, gender, children, Gender Based Violence (GBV), Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and other vulnerable groups are considered in shelter NFI project design, budgeting, and implementation.
- Participate to the meetings of Shelter NFI team at sub-national level at Shelter NFI Cluster and with the regional government’s authorities, state representative’s institutions, Shelter NFI partners, local and Sub-national coordination forums.
- Provide technical support on planning and assist in shelter and non-food items (SNFI) strategy making on activities within the area of Cash-based interventions (CBIs) projects including needs and market assessments, planning and budgeting, technical choices, legal and regulatory aspects, implementation modalities and coordination.
- Support the adequate inter-agency coordination mechanisms on CBIs and assist in building and maintaining strong relations with partners, regional entities and represent IOM in cash working group and overall coordination.
- Work closely with Programme Support Unit (PSU) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team for the establishment of a sound monitoring process for cash assistance, with proper data collection, use and monitoring of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyze CBI’s performance.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or a related field from an accredited
academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with supervision roles for tasks of a similar nature to this assignment.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the Shelter sector.
- Experience liaising with donors, government officials and other stakeholders and a proven track record of resource mobilization.
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information;
- Ability to translate planning and specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa;
- Demonstrated ability for leadership in the context of partnership building and consensual decision making;
- Demonstrated team building and information management skills;
- Advanced data visualization and information design skill;
- Skills and knowledge on the planning, design, execution and supervision of shelter
- Ability to conduct travel duties freely and frequently in different areas of Ethiopia;
- Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies;
- Understanding of relational data theory;
- Proven track record of working with government officials, UN agencies, NGO and communities in the execution of humanitarian shelter projects;
- Knowledge and experience working with UN administrative procedures; and,
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, networking and presentation skills.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDAwRDNBQUE5N0RDMUVEREE3QTQ5RDVEMzk5MzIxMjgmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-theme=iom_corbu&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN#
Deadline: 01, February , 2023.