Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
Pragma Investment Advisory is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Senior Accountant & HR Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Senior Accountant & HR Officer
- Responsible for daily bookkeeping for the firm’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, invoice/receipts generation, and daily financial entries and reconciliations.
- To prepare monthly, payroll, accounts receivable and payable, tax payments, claim and invoice generation, reconciliation of bank statements, and expenses.
- To declare firm’s income tax, pension tax, Value Added Tax (VAT) and withholding tax at the Ministry of Revenues (MoR), and to properly file all tax invoices and relevant documents.
- Legally represent and liaison the firm with the Ministry of Revenues and other federal government authorities in tax and other related matters.
- Work with internal personnel and (if needed) outside auditors/tax consultants monthly/quarterly to prepare tax forms for submission or other financial documentation.
- Assist external auditors in reviewing processes and workflow by providing reports and supporting documentation, and by contributing personal knowledge and analysis.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Monitor compliance with anti-corruption laws, policies, regulations, conventions and guideline Facilitating/coordinating all the Bank’s employees and managers to register their assets through the Digital Asset Registration System (DARS).
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
- professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintain the general ledger, prepare tax returns, assist with audit preparations, and perform other accounting duties as assigned.
- Create timely and accurate accounting reports and present them to company’s executives and senior management.
- Develop recommendations to optimize company’s accounting systems and procedures and detect inaccuracies.
- Support and consult company’s personnel on accounting control procedures.
- BS/BA/MA in Accounting, Finance or other related field from an accredited institution (Certified ACCA holder is highly recommended).
- 5 – 6 years’ experience in accounting or other role involving financial analysis (including HR experience).
- Robust experience working with Ministry of Revenues, Customs Authority and other financial stakeholders in Ethiopia.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and presentation abilities.
- Working knowledge of Ethiopian corporate tax laws, Online E-tax reporting, payment and IFRS conversion and implementation
- Solid experience with MS Office (particularly MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Communication Tools (such as Zoom and Skype).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in teams and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of corporate administration and office management.
- Efficient time management and solid organizational skills.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: email@example.com with the following subject line: “Application for Senior accountant and HR Officer”.
Deadline: 30, January , 2023.