Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
African Union Commission (AUC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Senior Salary and Benefits Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa ,Ethiopia.
Senior Salary and Benefits Officer
- Provides technical support in the preparation and Implementation of programmes developed out of the Division’s strategic plan
- Ensures effective coordination and implementation of staff compensation and benefits at various levels
- Liaises with relevant stakeholders on staff compensation and benefits related matters
- Prepares and develops reports, budgets and work programmes related to the functioning of the Division
- Provides support to develop resource mobilization strategy with stakeholders’ coordination
- Manages, supervises, coaches and monitors performance of Supervisees by ensuing timely performance evaluation and compliance to the appraisal phases
- Conducts complex analysis and generates accurate reports in a timely manner for the Division and AU’s internal use.
- Liaises with the various Departments/Units of the Commission for coordination and alignment purposes
- Implements, monitors, and updates staff pay and benefits policies to keep them competitive and legally compliant.
- Continually reviews current wage rates and Staff regulations and rules changes, and competitor’s compensation programs.
- Streamlines compensation policies, programs, and procedures with the AU’s HR vision and overarching objectives.
- Provides advice to the management on salary and compensation in line with statutory requirements as well as the AU’s philosophy and guidelines.
- Participates in the compensation and rewards strategies that attract and retain talent.
- Performs salary reviews based on sector-specific benchmarking to submit it to policy organs and ensure competitiveness.
- Oversees and periodically reviews the administration of benefits.
- Participates in and/or leads projects focused on continuous improvement.
- Ensures the timely process of the payroll
- Coordinates the provision of staff welfare (e.g., insurance, medical services, pensions) of local and international staff
- Provides advice and support to staff on welfare, benefits and entitlements-related matters
- Oversees and ensures well-functioning and timely service delivery of the compensation and Benefits Unit.
- Provides advice and support to managers and staff on welfare, entitlement and benefits matters.
- Serves as the main point of contact with external suppliers (i.e., insurance companies)
- Monitors the current staff compensation schemes’ proper application and evaluates the schemes to ensure value for money services as well as the competitiveness of the proposed scheme in comparison to the current market.
- Provides support for the evaluation of pension and insurance schemes Assist in the promotion of awareness of pension and its regulations;
- Develops or reviews the Education Allowance Policy to provide guidance while insuring adherence to the Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Ensures timely review of salary, allowances and benefits through the engagement of a consultancy firm and provision of necessary information and data.
- Provides support for the development, review and issuance of standard operating procedures and training programs.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Financial Management or Accounting with at least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in payroll administration out of which 3 years at supervisory role in a similar international organization Or
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Financial Management or accounting with at least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in payroll administration out of which 3 years in a supervisory role in a similar international organization.
- Professional certification in finance-related qualifications from a recognized institution will be an added value.
- Professional certification from recognized HR institutions such as SHRM-CP, CIPD or equivalent are desirable.
- Professional certification from recognized accounting institutions such as ACCA or equivalent are desirable.
- At least 7 years of experience in processing payroll in a large international organization with 500+ employees base is mandatory.
- Management and supervisory Skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Change management and strategic thinking skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Ability to work in teams and in a multicultural environment
- Knowledge and working understanding of Microsoft office suite and AU software
- Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, processes and standards.
- Report writing, communication and presentation skills .
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 13, March , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: