Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
Embassy of United States of America is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Shipment Assistant (CDC)
Job Type: Full Time
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Shipment Assistant (CDC)
- Job holder serves as the POC to arrange for and facilitate the incoming and outgoing shipment and customs clearance of the household and personal effects and other property of U.S citizen personnel and of U.S. Government equipment and supplies.
- Send welcome information/advice for the new assigned personnel. Incumbent prepares customs clearance documents for CDC-E items and delivers shipping documents obtained from Atlanta, CDC-E prime partners and CDC-E contractors to GSO shipping unit.
- Job holder handles the issuance of entry and transit visas from various diplomatic missions for CDC-E staff for official travel and prepares entry visa request letters for TDYers.
- The incumbent processes and follows up on the renewal and issuance of passports for CDC- staff. Incumbent closely follows up on issuance and renewal of driving licenses for CDC-E–direct hire staff.
- Handles the prime partner’s vehicles are insured annually and processes annual technical inspections on time. Supervises CDC Office Assistant.
- Coordinates and gives guidance to clerks for proper distribution of incoming interoffice and pouch mail. Plans and schedules with Office Assistant for file inventory and disposal. Prepares evaluation report for Office Assistant.
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- At least (3) three years of experience in travel, transport and expediting experience is required.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets. It’s also an additional comfortable with Internet browsers, e-mail, and Outlook functions.
- Excellent working knowledge of VISA/passport and VAT regulations and policies.
- Excellent working knowledge of GOE, Department of State and CDC regulations and procedures governing the shipment of household and personal effects and other private property and U.S, Government property.
- Excellent working knowledge of the capabilities, and general procedures of shipment and local transfer companies.
- Good working knowledge of the location of diplomatic and governmental offices, travel and mailroom procedures.
- Must possess Grade III Ethiopian driver’s license for a minimum of five (5) years.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=ymv5wnl3pt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=43369&orgId=79
Deadline: 03, February, 2023.