UNICEF is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Social Policy Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale.
Place of Work: Assosa, Ethiopia.
Social Policy Officer
- Support management of available baseline information on regional statistics and key indicators. Prepare Field Office statistical reports on the status of children’s and women’s human rights issues and provide technical support to global reporting obligations including regional reports on progress toward the MDGs, toward CRC fulfillment, and toward CEDAW fulfillment.
- Keep monitoring the situation of children’s and women’s rights with national partners and keep updated with the information of the quality research that address issues and challenges affecting children and their families.
- Support the Field Office and the CO in collecting and interpreting existing early warning data effectively to guide the adjustment of programs and operational approaches when and as country contexts deteriorate.
- Provide technical support to ensure that monitoring system are in place and that key annual programmed indicators are tracked and analyzed, including those related to partnerships initiative, and provided regularly to the Country Management Team/ Senior Management Team to guide programme and management decisions.
- Carry out data collection and analysis from field visits, standardizing them across programmes, to feed into programme performance monitoring.
- Compile monitoring and evaluation information/data and make them available to programme/planning sections. Contribute to the preparation of management reports (e.g., relevant sections of the annual reports), drawing on monitoring and analysis of key management indicators. Assist in the preparation of reports on systemic issues, good practices or any other analysis or data related to programme implementation and/or evaluation, including programme’s performance, relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability, as well as good practices in partnerships and collaborative relationships.
- Support the development of regional social protection directives and programmes, with attention to increasing coverage of and impact on children, with special attention to the most marginalized. Identifies, generates, and presents evidence to support this goal in collaboration with partners.
- Support strengthening of integrated social protection systems, providing technical support to partners to improve the design, coordination, and implementation of cash transfers.
- Improve linkages with other social protection interventions such as CBHI and complementary services and interventions related to nutrition, health, education, child protection and water and sanitation.
- Strengthening the capacity of government to plan, budget, monitor and implement child-focused social protection
- Support regional bureaus in the effective implementation of an integrated safety net system for the most vulnerable women and children in rural and urban Ethiopia, with a geographical focus on Benishangul-Gumuz region
- Support regional administration and Zonal/Woreda bodies to effectively deliver and monitor humanitarian cash transfers in-line with government and UNICEF protocols
- Support the annual work plan development with relevant government partners (e.g. BOLSA) at Regional level
- Support government through programme visits and other joint monitoring process to strengthen implementation and accountability.
- First-level University degree (BA) in one of the following fields is required: Planning and Monitoring, Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, Development Studies, International Relations, Political Science, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of one [1 year] of relevant professional experience in Planning and Monitoring, Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, Development Studies, International Relations, Political Science, or another relevant technical field.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergencies is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/job/557775/social-policy-officer-noa-temporary-appointment-364-days-assosa-ethiopia-ethiopian-nationals-only
Deadline: 22, December, 2022.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels:
Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.