Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
Sr. Roving Field Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Sr. Roving Field Coordinator
- Promotes strong linkages and exchange between operations and program teams in the fields as well as Addis based.
- Coach and mentor existing Field Coordinators so that they fulfill their responsibilities to deliver quality program and operation implementation.
- With SMART TOR regularly roves between field offices to ensure appropriate support to Field Coordinators and other field staff is provided and conducts program site visits, producing reports for DDO with action points to monitor.
- Covering for Field Coordinators while any of them goes on leave but not expected to be a regular activity – more likely requested when there are issues in a given field site.
- With the direction from the DDO, closely monitors events in current and potential operational areas (humanitarian situation, politics, and security, etc.) in order to provide regular context updates to DDO and SMT.
- Advises DDO about strategic programming needs, opportunities, and issues affecting project implementation, or key local issues affecting future grants/projects developments.
- Support the DDO to monitor and capacity build of Field Coordinators and staff identified with the potential to become Field coordinators.
- In close cooperation with security department, advises and supports security and humanitarian access assessments for new areas of program implementation and IRC response.
- With the direction from the DDO work closely with Program Technical Coordinators (TCs) to understand their needs and supports Field Coordinators to address these needs.
- Occasionally represents fields in selective meetings such as donor project review meetings. Performs other tasks related to field operation and coordination as tasked to this post by DDO.
- Ensures implementation and follow up on all action points drawn from DDO and other SMT members’ field visits.
- In close coordination with DDO and the Field Coordinators oversees development and spending of field office budgets.
- Make sure that Fields have budget lines for security, protective clothes for staff and for staff duty of care.
- Support the DDO in reviews budget vs. actual reports. Where issues are identified ensures, appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion as directed by the DDO.
- When visiting fields ensures compliance with IRC and donor operations policies, including all aspects of procurement and asset management.
- A University degree, post-graduate qualification, or equivalent is preferable.
- 6 years related experience with post-graduate or with first degree respectively.
- At least 4 years proven senior-level management experience and skills.
- Experience working in a diversified team.
- Excellent English report writing skills –donor standard and excellent representational skills.
- Must be a computer literate
- Project management experience is a Plus
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and management skills, including experience coaching and managing staff, developing, and implementing work plans and budgets.
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills and comfortable working as part of a diverse team. Sensitive to interpersonal differences and a range of viewpoints.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to handle pressure and improve.
- Good security management skills, preferably in conflict and conflict environments.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/37325
Deadline: 31, January , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia. Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: