Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
United Nation Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) is looking for qualified applicants for the following open positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Organizes, designs, plans and carries out the collection, evaluation, analysis, compilation and dissemination of statistical data by selecting methods of data collection, selecting and implementing methods for checking collected data, and selecting and implementing appropriate methods for data processing for incorporation into databases.
- Participates in the development, implementation and management of civil registration and vital statistical database(s).
- Provides training and technical support on data collection programmes on civil registration and vital statistics, country practices and other related information.
- Participates in the development or revision of standards on statistical concepts, definitions and classifications by performing methodological research in civil registration and vital statistics.
- Prepares draft technical documents for international, intergovernmental and expert group meetings and assists in drafting relevant reports.
- Organizes and participates in seminars, working groups and expert meetings as a technical resource person and coordinates the implementation of the APAI-CRVS activities at national and regional levels.
- Guides, trains and supervises general service staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief of the Demographic and Social Statistics Section and the Director of African Centre for Statistics.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in demography, population studies, epidemiology, statistics, mathematics, economics, sociology or related fields is required.
- A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Completion of CRVS (civil registration and vital statistics) coursework is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the collection, compilation, analysis and dissemination of statistical data from civil registration or related area is required.
- Experience working with CRVS (civil registration and vital statistics) systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of statistical principles and practices.
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis.
- Ability to identify issues, formulate options and make conclusions and recommendations.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=200308&Lang=en-US
Deadline: 07, February , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: