Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
UNICEF is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
WASH Project Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
WASH Project Coordinator
- Ensure the project oversight, including financial management, project review, project direction, and results in attainment in accordance with the Work Plan, under the guidance and support of the Supervisor, Chief of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Programme, and other relevant program/operation staff.
- Support overall technical responsibility of the implementation of interventions under the ‘Strengthening the Resilience of people and Structures in drought-Affected Regions of Ethiopia’ program activities and liaison with the KFW/BMZ delegation, relevant donors, Ministries of Education, Water, Health, Women and Social Affairs, Agriculture, Labor, and relevant regional bureaus.
- Ensure preparation and timely submission of consolidated narrative, technical, progress, and financial reports.
- Ensure the availability of evidence-based project data and prepare/review/support timely preparation and submission of project briefs, and any other documentation of lessons learned.
- Liaise with Field Offices and Regional Bureaus and provide support to Regional and Field Office Specialists to ensure the smooth implementation and monitoring of the project activities.
- Facilitate the extension and signing of relevant contracts and partnership agreements that will ensure effective project implementation.
- Communicate progress, bottlenecks, and issues arising with the implementation of the project in a timely and effective manner.
- Actively monitor UNICEF-supported activities through field visits, surveys, and exchange of information with partners, to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely interventions. Produce program visit reports in accordance with UNICEF HACT procedure and other donor reporting requirements.
- Arrange joint field monitoring trips with the KFW/BMZ delegation, relevant ministries and bureaus, UNICEF program sections, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support in the establishment of multi-sectoral and multi-regional project coordination structures at the national, regional, and field levels where relevant.
- Support in the setting-up of the project monitoring concept, the development of monitoring tools, and the development of an activity-implementing tracking tool and a monitoring dashboard.
- Ensure development and review of tools and facilitate conducting of a resilience analysis for the project, as per the process and guiding document.
- Support, in collaboration with implementing partners, counterparts, and relevant Sections, the development and implementation of communication strategies, plans, and activities to ensure the visibility of the project activities and their impact.
- To effectively coordinate and communicate with key external stakeholders including, KFW/BMZ delegation, WFP, relevant federal line Ministries and regional bureaus and ensure that the established coordination structures of the project are functional.
- Facilitate the revision of Project documents including updating Results Matrix, target/baseline beneficiaries, budget, timeline, problem analysis and the proposed project approach.
- Build and sustain close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build the capacity of stakeholders to achieve WASH output results.
- Prepare materials for WASH and Multisectoral program advocacy – in collaboration with other sections- to promote awareness, establish partnerships and support fund-raising.
- Prepare learning/knowledge products, covering innovative approaches and good practices, to support overall WASH sector / Multisectoral development.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s) in any of the following fields is required: Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration, Education, public health, engineering, or other fields related to the work of UNICEF.
- *A first-level University degree combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree in the field of Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration, Education, public health, engineering, or other fields related to the work of UNICEF.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience at the national and international levels in WASH, education, Health, Nutrition or Child Protection program development and implementation including M&E activities is required.
- Experience in coordinating humanitarian/development Multisectoral programs with different stakeholders/partners
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to: Click Here
Deadline: 15, March , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Addis Jobs in Ethiopia
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: