Please login with Candidate account to view more fields.
The World Bank Group is looking for qualified applicants for following position.
Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Company’s Scale
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist
- Support the task team and the Country Management Unit on various aspects of the water program in Ethiopia including proactively following up to address matters as they come up.
- Co-lead and/or contribute to operations led by water or other GPs (both under implementation and preparation);
- Coordinate activities under the Ethiopia water program with other members of the water team. This would include proactively identifying solutions to enhance development impact, including innovations.
- Coordinate capacity-building activities to the client under the Ethiopia water program with other members of the water team to ensure adherence to fiduciary and safeguard requirements.
- Contribute to the Water GP’s global knowledge and operational platforms, ensuring that the Water GP globality is maintained. Also, incorporating the Water GP’s strategy in the Ethiopia program through – Sustaining Water Resources; Delivering Services (water supply and irrigation); and Building Resilience.
- Collaborate with other GPs, given the cross-sectoral nature of water. The Water GP provides support to other GPs in the Ethiopia program, including with the Education, Health, Social Protection, Urban, Transport, Agriculture and Environment GPs.
- Contribute as a team member of strategic analytical, and advisory services, including policy and regulatory development along with technical assistance linked to enhancing operational engagements.
- Co-lead discussions with client engagement on matters related to the portfolio and business development.
- Co-lead the preparation and implementation of regular and interim implementation review & support missions, follow up and support implementation of agreed actions.
- Engage with donors and development partners to coordinate support to the government on water matters.
- Assist the Practice Manager on matters related to the Ethiopia work program as needed.
- Provide cross-support to activities in other countries in the region and SAEW2 unit upon request and agreement with Practice Manager.
- Ability to travel to project areas in short notice.
- At least a master’s degree in water resources, hydrology, hydraulics, sanitation, environment, civil engineering, economics, or a related discipline with a focus on water management.
- Recognized technical, operational, and/or policy-oriented expertise, with at least 5 years of relevant work experience. This experience may include work in governments, academia, the private sector, consulting firms, and/or bi/multilateral institutions.
- Knowledge of water supply and sanitation services delivery (WSS), utility/institutional reform and public-private partnerships, sector coordination and policy dialogue, private sector participation and pro-poor strategy and program development.
- Prior work experience and results on the ground and hands-on experience with Government counterpart agencies.
- Ability to think innovatively and strategically in dealing with technical and/or policy issues while maintaining a strong client focus;
- Effective verbal, analytical and written communication skills in English, and a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality documents and analytical reports;
- Knowledge of cross-cutting issues related to the water sector: climate change, environmental and social issues, inclusion, and poverty reduction.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work and coordinate activities for cross-sector work, outside the Water GP.
How to apply
Interested applicants, who fulfill the above requirement, can submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
Deadline: 09, March , 2023.
Addis Jobs is the most popular website for job seekers in Ethiopia.Every day, we connect thousands of people to new job opportunities.
Our mission is to help people get jobs. We work towards improving the recruitment journey through daily job posts. We create a collaborative workplace that strives to create the best experience for job seekers.
Get Daily Job Alert jobs Available on our Telegram Channels: